Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane Lizard

• 07-10-2003 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Got a lizard needs taming, eats out of my hand but resents being handled and becomes frightened +jumpy

It's a sailfin dragon which some sites say grumpy but others friendly.

Pet store owner says it will tame but just wondering does anyone have any tips?

Also tips on getting it to eat fruit\veg, will only eat crickets at the mo and dont want to go starving it into vegatarianism!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I keep iguanas, geckos, bearded dragons, water dragons & a bosc monitor lizard. First thing you have to know about reptiles is they are not like dogs & cats most of them resent being handled We have 2 iggies Izzy is very nasty & just loves to tail whip us like mad! Ollie is more placid but even he hates being handled! Both of the igs were got when they were about a year old, it is much easier to hand tame hatchlings our beardies were a month old & they are just great they enjoy human interaction!

A tip for getting your guy to eat veggies is to give them a lot of variety try grated parsnip & carrot with banana, grapes, kale etc & add a few mealworms & they your guy should go mad trying to eat the meal or wax worms & eat some salad as well! make sure you dust the crickets often & add some calcium to the salad a few times a week. Are you using a UV light? they are so important, have you kept lizards before? I image a Sailfin will require similar setup to the water dragons.

If you need any more advice send me a PM & I will get back to you.

Kind Regards
    Faye

Advertisement