Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite moment of horror

• 07-10-2003 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Whats your favourite moment(s) of on screen terror ?

I'd have to say the notorious eye scene in zombie flesh eaters where a friendly rampaging zombie decides to impale an unfortunate womans eye ball on a splintered door in suitably slow fashion

ow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

*That* scene in The Eye.

Christ, my ****ing heart felt like it nearly pounded out through my chest!

But my absolute favorite, which really put a smile on my face was from Audition:
    The torture scene when Aoyama supposedly "Wakes Up" back in bed with his girlfriend, and thinks it was only a dream, just to be ripped back to harsh, painfull reality where she is about to kill his son. That for me was just utter brilliance, a big two fingered salute to the cliche'd "Just A Dream" ending.

Then there's just about every scene in Ichi The Killer.
    Miike, you are a master.

Although, as Mr Garvey gave us a nice slice of Italian Gorefests in his post, I'd have to say, he's right! But you should see Lucio Fulci's "The Beyond" for good old eye-gauging, face felting, sickening horror. Best scene for me had to be the
    Blind girl and her guide dog, fending off the zombies! My god, the build up, and suspense of that moment when she's fumbling about with the lumbering zombies all about! Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The hobbling scene in "Misery".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The end of Day of the Dead where Rhodes literally gets pulled apart by a crowd of zombies.

"choke on em", classic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

hehe thats a nice one for sure
    that'll teach him for not learning how to shoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Half of Cannibal Holocaust, the animal scences were especially stomach churning and for a good reason.
    Also the scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre when they were trying to kill Marilyn Burns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    *That* scene in The Eye.
    Christ, my ****ing heart felt like it nearly pounded out through my chest!

I agree. Also the scene in the lift in the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

is that the part of "THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE" where the guy in the wheelchair get chopped up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

the scene in ring 2 when
    whatsherface is climbing up the rope, trying to get out of the well with the kid on her back. sadako is clambering up the wall of the well behind them. Then all of a sudden sadako is right beside them and puts her 'hand' on yer one's arm.
    Fúck me that was freaky as shít !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭butch9850

ok....classic JACK NICHOLSON"here's johnny" in the shining must be one of the classic quotes!./.

oh ya THE BEST SCENE EVER according to me was the decapitation scene in THE OMEN!!!!!!,,with the glass pane chopping his head off...

scariest is....blair witch..the guy in the corner and the silence...

or THE RING WITH THE girl coming out of well and tv.....REAL SLOWWWWWWWWW..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

The scene in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre when he put the guy up on the hook! I thought i was going to pass out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement