Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking should be banned in Pubs?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

if studies come out suggesting 1000's of people are dying from candle smoke then i presume it will be banned. i think alcohol lamps create only CO2 and water vapour so are pretty harmless. i was thrown out of a pub years back for burning a piece of paper in an ashtray, bouncer was having none of my point that half the people in the place were also a "fire hazard", monkey men.

there are restrictions on many toxic gases in the workplace, dont know why it took so long for this one to come around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

C'Mon. you know that they can prove anything with enough money.

the next thing they will come out with it is that paying tax is bad for your health. and then they will show some scientific research to back it up so people will believe it.

just cause people are scientists or doctors we tend to believe them. of course we should. they are doctors or scientists. how could they be unethical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Once again this thread is not for debating the issue just putting your name forward for one of the teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

For teams that have not been formed. This thread is nothing but a red herring. Either have a debate or close this thread.,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

the teams have been formed me thinks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Does in matter if its is banned. Many laws in Ireland are not enforced.(smoking on bus, trains, cycling on foot path drinking in public, being drunk in public, begging etc)

In principle I am against it. It should be up to the customer to decide if they want to got to smoking pub or nonsmoking Pub
    ex Smoker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

RE; Smoking should be banned?

The 'Debate' that is heading in the same direction as the legislation ?..

P.:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

teams are picked and are getting ready...

debate will start very very soon, was put back a day or two to suit one of the team members..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

In favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I can argue againist the ban if you need someone.
    I've done this topic before in a debate so I know the side :)
    However I might not be able to do it due to dates, but i'll put my name down againist the ban.

• Advertisement
Advertisement