Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a certain program

Options
  • 07-10-2003 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

i'm looking for a program where i can stick a list on websites and that it will store only the listed web sites images in temparary internet files

so say i wanted to keep www.boards.ie files in the temp internet folder

and i say went to www.coca-cola.com once i finnished browsing that site it would delete all revelant images and web pages from coca-cola or a site that is not on the list.

this is so my favourites get loaded quicker while irregular web sites will not take up space on my hard drive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Translate: Keep boards in cache, delete my cache of p0rn stuff, so Manny won't catch me looking at naughty pictures.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

good one jaden

its a nice idea Cr3mo never heard of any software that does it, doupt it exists, but most website files are tiny, someone on dial up wouldn't download 100megs in a month so just leave them all there as drive space is cheep these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭gimme

why would you want to store boards in yer cache when all the pages change so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i was only use boards as an example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

I think you should try to figure out why you net connection is so slow at loading images,if it is causing a problem

maybe you got some ad ware using up you bandwidth, or a problem with you modem settings, maybe you should try a different ISP

or maybe you should stop going to those sites with high quality pictures of clothingly challenged ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

or maybe you should stop going to those sites with high quality pictures of clothingly challenged ladies.

or maybe you should just buy a magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by tlachta
    I think you should try to figure out why you net connection is so slow at loading images,if it is causing a problem

maybe you got some ad ware using up you bandwidth, or a problem with you modem settings, maybe you should try a different ISP

right i run adaware + spybot S&D daily

it's not that images are loading slower it's just i want to images of say planethalflife.com to be cache so it doesn't take as long to open since i go there everyday.

Advertisement