Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for Paul McGrath

• 08-10-2003 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this on the Uefa website. It is a vote for the 50 best ever players and you have to pick 10 players from each of the 5 decades. The years 1954-63 I didn't know much so I just voted for anyone. There are three Irish, Jonny Giles, Liam Brady and Roy Keane aswell as George Best and I voted for them all. Dissapointed to see Beckham in it though as he will definitely be in the top 10 votes and he doesn't deserve it.

BTW go back to the main page of the UEFA website and you will se the link for the vote on the top left.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

A player could be added to it too though, how about P Mc Grath, everyone stick him in there and he could become the best player of the 80-90s. Tell your friends, family etc, get the emails going etc...

Or not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Paul Mcgrath is exactly who I added but I don't think there will be enough people to vote for him as there should be over 1 million votes for it as there was for the vote of best players during the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

A player could be added to it too though, how about P Mc Grath, everyone stick him in there and he could become the best player of the 80-90s. Tell your friends, family etc, get the emails going etc...

Great Idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

oh ah paul mc grath
    say oh ah paul mc grath

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

We can do it.Remember when Duff got in the UEFA XI, I know alot of people voted for him but I think Boards helped;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Yeah Let's do it for paul, can somebody change the name of the thread to 'Vote For McGrath'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    can somebody change the name of the thread to 'Vote For McGrath'
    Done.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

It's hard to believe that McGrath isn't an option already - It'll be hard to get him included. I don't suppose they will review the list and remove one or two players not getting votes in favour of the more popular wild cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Send emails to everyone in your address book.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by p.pete
    It's hard to believe that McGrath isn't an option already - It'll be hard to get him included. I don't suppose they will review the list and remove one or two players not getting votes in favour of the more popular wild cards?
    They won't remove them, I'd say they'll just count all the McGrath and other wildcard votes when the voting is over.

Advertisement