Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geexbox - divx distro

• 08-10-2003 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

Seems people are actually interested in this from 2 other threads i've mentioned it on :)

Basically geexbox is a linux distro with a twist.
    It will work out of the box most of the time with out modifying it.

Most people i've told about this go "ugh linux, too hard to use" but its really simple

gx-menu-movies-thumb.jpg

This is the main menu before you load a cd.
    Theres no console, no funny xserver and anyone can use it (nearly).

The distro its self is only 4Mb so its pretty lite and will run on a p2 400 with 64Mb ram and a cd drive. No h/d needed. It boots from CD and loads into the ram and ejects the cd and lets you pop in a divx / dvd / svcd / mp3 cd.

Grab it from

Now coupled with the ATi remote its a killer app for a divx box, you have all the buttons you need on it and no wires.

Some of the features in the player are you can slow down and speed up the sound/video on the movie so its quiet handy.

Grab i herehere

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

i once was a disbeliever in this "geexbox"
    but i have seen the light

:-)

no seriously its class!

exactly what everyone wants

a divx/dvd/svcd/mp3 cd operating system

it can also connect to your windows network via samba support

so stream your movies via wifi into the box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

NICE!

Thanks for sharing mate!

Advertisement