Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Quake.ie] IQ3CL 2003

Options
  • 08-10-2003 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

[Updated clan list]
    Clans:

FH(a)
    FH(b)
    HIV - RevHellfire, ButcherofNog, Praetorian, Hyperion
    n8z - Rapp, Zero, MP, Dardoz, Melachi, Bunny(offline), Jedi(offline)
    xl - benji carl giblet ol shevy podgeen pyro(?)

Players interested but without a team:
    Bazh
    thomasmckinless
    Sico
    Vampy
    Cr33ch
    BK

(more, cmon, lets have a dirty big all-irish league....)

Starting towards the end of October, the IQ3CL 2003 (Irish Quake3 Clan League 2003) is going to be an online league slightly different from what we are used to. With such a small community, some guys are geared towards TDM and others towards CTF, so this league is both. The format of the league is as follows:
    Team A plays Team B twice:

Match 1: 4v4 TDM - 20min games, best of 3 maps.
    Match 2: 4v4 CTF - 20min games, best of 3 maps.

The games are going to be run on our IOL servers, pings can be checked to games2.iol.ie, we will get more available shortly. I know that we have three Irish clans that can definitely play, i.e. FishHeads, Benji's new ex-jobos XL clan (#eXplicitLyrics), and the new "n8z" clan, but since this league is 4v4 we are hoping that some of the "hangers-on" from one or two clans or maybe from ones that arent around any more (nD, BiO) will make up clans for the league, any of you who have played in an Irish League before knows it's good crack, and the rows are great :)

If we dont make up the numbers from Ireland, we will "invite" a few british clans to play, (from div2/3 so we dont get totally wiped), but we know there are more than enough to play in Ireland, even six teams is enough to run it. The likes of FH might be able to put in two teams, maybe LSD will make their 4th comeback, anyway, when Quake.ie comes back up (hopefully in the next few days, we are workin on it), we will post league details so in the meantime, clan submissions will be taken on this thread.

We need your Clan name, a contact email address, and members. Try to refrain from
    (a) recruiting half of Div1 BW as your clan, and
    (b) submitting a clan with 8+ players coz then you should be submitting two.

(Edit)
    If you're new to Quake3 and are interested in playing, (there were quite a few at DSLan), you might like to take a look at the Quake.ie help section, (Quake.ie is down but the help is mirrored on IOL --> http://games.iol.ie/online_games_menu/quake_introduction.htm), it will give a few pointers on setting up to play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Clan Name: n8z

Members: Zero, Rapier, MindPhuck, Dardoz, Bunny, Jedi.

Site: None yet.

Contact Email: as above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Clan: HIV

member: MeGoodSelf, Noggie, see who else I can dig up

Site: Kind of down, Replacement site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

This should be class craic :f33r:

needless to say - DED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

team xl

players : benji carl giblet ol shevy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

haha, great stuff, the only gibbing other clans will do is pummeling dead teammates bodies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

That melachi feller should definitely play for n8z and help them turn fish heads into EXTINCT species.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I'd say FH probably could field 2 teams, since some of our inactive players would probably make the effort to play in an Irish league, but let me check with some of them first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

anyone need a player pm me im good :) but only have isdn :mad: pm me if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spaceman

and turnips for that matter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

might be able to pull an clan outta my ass here(college) 10 ping etc.

Unlikely as they wud be very noobar.

Such short notice as well.

Anyway if not for this comp, then maybe later on in the year.

If i cant get a clan, i`ll merc(hopefully) for some team, if i can.

Very doubtful

ps. i can beat anarki on hardcore ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

try and keep it some way on topic lads. I have update the original post to list players who havent a clan, we might make one out of them if there are enough?

Any idea when this is going to be on?

will be started this month sometime, will start putting up proper tables/rules etc once we have a final number of clans and quake.ie is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Jesus, I wouldn't mind a chance to dust off the aul quaking mouse once again, I'll keep an eye on the progress, could be interested.

- <LSD> Sico

M1ke, Dermo, Podgeen, Ronin, Kraken, Fanj, Immortal, Thrax, Volvagia, DBC, Gerry, Havok, Dabounca/Funky, Dev, Luc.

Any of you interested in playing for this?

Killy, you got a number for me as regards one team or two? I can imagine you are pretty short on numbers, but seeing as you seem willing to make the effort for two teams, we might be able to organise something to help out, e.g. two teams but guys on team A allowed coach for Team B or somethin (thats off the top of my head) Give us a playerlist anyway and we can see who you have.

As regards game/match Admins, we'll sort that soon enough, but on the rules side of things, we'll probably be getting a guy from each Irish clan to be the main Admin team for it to try and keep everything fair, i.e. Benji, Killy, Myself, and MP as Q.ie admin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Just played a couple of games there

JESUS I SUCK

My beautiful skillz, where are they gone....

I'll see if I can round up some Acid heads, otherwise I'll merc if anyone wants to be burdened with me

atm we have exactly 8 active players:

me, vin, dest, nex, space, casc, Jc, CH

I havent asked Jc or casc yet, but I'd say they'll be able to play.

maybe saik will have a conn in time, maybe Lorc will return (he hinted at it the other day).

If we were to field 2 teams, I would be worried that if the league clashes with work or something, we won't have any backup players and will have to default games.

FH don't use coaches usually, but I would suggest that the league might follow the Clanbase approach to coaches rather than BW, in that any player may coach a team, even if he is not on their teamlist. This means smaller clans who do not have 5 players each week will not be penalised or feel compelled to recruit, and also it would encourage the development of teamplay in newer clans to have a more experienced coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by Zero
    [Any of you interested in playing for this? [/B]

i am

Ya, you can put FH down for 2 teams, although Jc might be a bit inactive now Aly can play for us, so 9 active players should cover it, maybe by the time the league starts another inactive player will have returned to give us an even 10 and low risk of defaulting :> Can I hold off on the teamlist on how to split the teams into 2.

Also, any idea of the format of scheduling the league games? Will it be a set night each week, or will it be like Clanbase where you decide with the other team when to play the game?

• Advertisement

Two teams, might I suggest that you CANNOT allow players from one team to play for another if you're missing players....cheating bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

My self and Hyperion will be flying the hot internet virgin flag...
    ehhh nm that

So anyway....my self and Hyp will be playing for HIV. Time to die! :)

The polls for maps closes this Friday. Also, we want final teams submitted. We have XL, N8z, HIV (you guys have more?), we need the two FH teams named, and we need you to do your votes asap. Site up soon.

Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i'll shoot a mail off to our old mailing list (if its still active) n see if i can get a few of our old quake2/3 squad interested in a few fun games. i'll prolly be adding a couple of names to our list.

ya givus a couple of days for the final teamlists of the 2 FH teams, theres another inactive player got his connect back today out of the blue, and lorc just appeared the other day and is apparently back again, so i'd need to work out who plays on each team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Right errr had a laugh tonight so if somone wants a complete q3 n00b who seems to be able to spam a bit then gimme a shout :p

As long as you don't expect much and understand my EC UT praccies and games come first.

Shall we start the bidding at 5cent? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 vpo

i'm interested but aint got a team.

Vampy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

if theres players without clans that want to play, why not allow them to act as a reserve pool, so if teams can't field a full side they can take one of them? It'll make it more fun and mean less defaults, or is this going to be a serious 'pr0' style compo?

no this isnt a serious league in that sense at all, we want it to be good fun, and get irish players back playing again, which it seems to have done already. but rather than clanless players being a reserve, we are hoping to make them into a clan, there seems to be plenty of them.

bed.

gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

sure our bk lad is an xl bai. unless ud rather use him for another team.
    hes xl to the core tho!!! (well his 15 ping is)

Advertisement