Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The New Anfield

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Yeah, I must agree it looks great. Good they are taking the Shankly Gates and Hilsborough memorial with them also which is good.

Apparently there are so many peoples ashes scaterred on the current pitch they are going to take some of the Anfield turf for a memorial garden. Thats taking support for a club to the next level.

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Agreed. It looks fuppin fantastic. They decided on a 60,000 seater so that it would involve the fans more because apparently the 70,000 seater formed a bowl shape which would move the fans away from the action. I'm well happy with this new look Anfield. Looks like they will keep the name Anfield and move the Shankley and Paisley gates too. Super. Now to move that Kop end :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

It looks dam impressive. They have gone down the right road by including all the redevelopment work for the area and park in the project. 80 million sounds way to cheap id say 100-150 by the end but its needed. It will never replace Anfield but will provide a top class stadium.I like the way there incorporating a kop end into it. It will be 1 tier sloped from top to bottom. Well till 2006 its still a drawing so lets pay homage to Anfield for the next 3 years and give it a good send of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

stadium looks fantastic, 60,000 seater will be a big boost for the club. sounds very cheap too, 80m! premierleague will have the best stadiums in the world, man city, utd, arsenal, now liverpool, newcastle, southampton, bolton..... all new state of the art stadiums.

if only ireland could build a stadium at that price. even the old anfield would do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Delboy79

Looks Fantastic. The Decision to move the Shankly Gates and the Hillsborough Memorial is a major plus !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

we should get the same crowd to build the irish stadium!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

It is actually depressing seeing something like this. I remember feeling the same way when I heard abount the amount of stadia they managed to construct in Japorea in time for the WC last year. They were all around the 80m mark- yet we cant even manage one as a country...:(

Advertisement