Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Dog

• 08-10-2003 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Ok, so my granmother goes on holiday and the whole family took turns minding her dog.
    One set of relations only had him a day and lost him.

Anyway i'm not lookin to find him this way altho it won't hurt for me to put up a description. What i'm after is if you know any numbers i should ring like pounds and stuff to look for him.

Hes a small-medium collie cross , quite friendly, but jumpy as he was a rescued dog before my grandmother had him. Black Coat, (he sheds a LOT) with a white shirt and brown legs. He had a red/brown collar on, he was fairly fat when lost. His name is "Chum" and he tends to stand on the hind legs when he wants something.
    He was lost on monday the 6th of October at around 10am in the churchtown area, but we think the relations story about how he was lost is BS so he could have been gone before that.

Anyway Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Ronika

Hey Grim, did you find the Doggie?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Definitly call the dog pound... we lost our dog a few months ago and that's where he ended up. (Don't have their phone number offhand, but check the phonebook)
    We actually called up, and they said they didn't have anything matching that description, phoned the next day again out of desperation and it turned out they had him the whole time.
    So bug the shit out of the dog pound, maybe even drop into them in person and take a look around the kennels.
    Post up some flyers in the general area where he was last seen.
    It's most likely that either someone took him in and is looking after him till they figure out what to do... or the hes been impounded. ;)
    Hate to think he's still wandering about in the wilderness crying for mommey :(

The ISPCA have an online "Lost & Found" page @ http://www.ispca.ie/content/lost.html

There's another one @ http://www.paws.ie

petsmart.com has a good overview of what action to take with a missing pet @ http://www.petsmart.com/dog/answers/behavior/articles/article%5F12962.shtml

Hope you get him back, and make sure he gets an ID tag of some sort on his collar, can save so much hassle when the unthinkable happens.

Hmm the Mods here really should make a sticky about lost dogs and what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Heh, woops... just noticed the date of the starting post there, looks like I'm a few weeks late.
    Has he been found yet? - c'mon don't leave us in suspense!

Advertisement