Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd Burning Programs.

• 08-10-2003 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

I have Nero 5 bundle with a Plextor burner and everytime I try to make an audio CD from my MP3's it comes up with an error. I was looking to get another Web based Burning Rom. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭alanc

Try Music Match have been using it for a couple of weeks and it is working out pretty good,

http://www.musicmatch.com/home/

Try burning in WMA format.

AL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nero 6 ultra edition is rather mint.
    failing that, get yourself a rewritable blank & do a few tests to figure out why the error is coming up...
    using a slower burn speed or a better quality media might make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

If they gave you Nero 5 with yer writer then you have free upgrades for life - got to the Nero website & d/l the latest version. Mint!

It could also be that there are small errors in your mp3 files which it doesn't like as you can see it scans them when you drop them into a new compliation. One way arround this is to convert yer mp3s to wavs using winamp or similar then burn those which is usually hassle-free. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I have Nero5 & a Plextor CD-RW burner. Be sure to get the latest updates for Nero 5. When I first used it, it was quite slow to load up, until I ran some updates. Not quite the same problem, but something to be mindful of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

For the making of MP3 CD's I always use Easy CD Creator 4 with my Plextor writer. Never ever had a problem!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Sajan,
    What error are you getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

How do I stop Nero from writing multiple volumes on the one cd?

When I go to back up files on a CD-RW it cretes a new volume each time I add files.

This is really annoying because when i go get a file off the cd i have to search through the volumes to find it. And I can only do that by right clicking on my Cd drive ( D: ) and bringing up the properties and then selecting the volume.

Also I can't even access the volumes on a pc without NERO installed.

I'm its just a matter of changing some option or something to do with multi sessions anyone know?

Cheers. :horned:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by Sajan
    I have Nero 5 bundle with a Plextor burner and everytime I try to make an audio CD from my MP3's it comes up with an error. I was looking to get another Web based Burning Rom. Any suggestions?

You could use one of the Pinnacle Instant Range such as Versions 8 of Instant Copy and Instant CD/DVD.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anyone know of a simple ISO burner ?
    The one in XP powertoys stopped working - could have been any one of about 10 m$ patches that finally "fixed" it...

Advertisement