Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

busy tone

Options
  • 24-07-1999 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

well l8ly ive been getting a busy tone when i try and connect to tinet any ids why ive rang the hotline loads of time but there crap at telling me usefull stuff just got win 98 and im kinda blaming it on that . what is tinets max baud rate ? ive a 56k and cant seem to connect at the max speed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

You can only connect at the full rate 56K in one direction anyway.
    anybody who tells you differently is wrong tongue.gif
    44,000 is the usual connect for 56K modems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

what sort PC have you elexes??
    some PC companies use a UK modem but usually supply the correct telephone wire with it.

it's like an adapter you out into the modem and then connect your phone line to that adapter.

hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Humm,

I'm connecting to clubi (don't laugh!) @ 44k all the time, but I still get dropped lines and lots of laggggg... and pain.

I could put it down to the fact that I've got an extra segment of 'phone cable between me and the socket, plus the socket if veerrryy dodey, but hey, I'm Irish and we won't complain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Check your line noise, pick up the phone and listen. If theres a lot of noise ring Telecom up and start telling fibs. Check to see what your phone ext is running beside and try turning the things off, to see if they're interfering with it.

also check your using either v90 or flex on tinet if its a USRx2 upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Hey I use a 50ft extension line between the phone-socket and my PC, but I get 120ping since I moved to indigo.
    I used to get 210 with 20% PL! but that was with OceanFree, don't use them - their crap for anything but browsing the net.

They only come out at night.
    http://drive.to/mobius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

he there adra hows things well i have a aopen computer it is a irish modem but i have yet to connect above the usual ( for me )31200 bps for whatever reason ive set all the stuff right i think and now im looking for friends to see if i can try and use there iol connection to see if its any good .

Advertisement