Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

>>>Turn off your f...ing f...og lamps!

Options
  • 08-10-2003 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

It's not big...

..and it is not clever...

..and no I don't think your car is more impressive because I am being blinded by those fogs - it is STILL a rusting hulk of crap '89 mit****ty colt

'forgotten' to turn off your front fogs...well that is me flashing mine to tell you to stop being a moron. PAY ATTENTION!!! TURN THE DAMN THINGS OFF!!!!!!!!

Join me

>>>ZERO TOLERANCE NOW<<<
    -- FLASH THE IDIOTS WEEK!--

I Thank you,

I am now 30% less likely to foam at the mouth on my daily commute.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good Man! :D

Better out than in they say!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

I must agree totally with this.........

What gets me even worse is the 'dudes' who only turn their parking lights on and go around with their spotlights on !!!

Like Jesus H. If ya think your car looks cool like this, buy a mirror :)

If there is no need to have your spotlights on, dont turn them on.

Be considerate to other drivers and dont go buying those frikkin over-powered brighter bulbs. Shops should not be allowed to sell those.

J.:horned:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

In my experience it's nearly always a Fiesta. Pre `90.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

In my experience, nearly 30% of people won't dip their lights when they meet oncoming traffic. Also they don't dip their lights in built up areas..
    and as for those extra spotlights (or whatever they are!!)- they should be banned..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Well said,
    There was some scumbag behind me last night with ONLY fog lights on.
    Cars that have PROPER and not PRETENTIOUS little man with big fog lights have them pointed down. These assholes point them straight up in your face and think they are cool.

If you car has to have spots installed on it ITS NOT A COOL CAR and never will be no matter how many lights you get on it.

Ever notice too its always the same ones that have booming stereos that have these fitted lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

na i think the spot lights look ok, its the ones that blind ya that are annoying, like the '99 micra sqad. The worst ppl around are ppl going around with no lights on at night.. usually middle aged women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TopGun

I cant get over how the donkeys cant see that bright orange light on the dash saying that thier fog light is on.

One lad I was behind kept turning it on and off for two miles b4 I over took him and then the muppet put on his full's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

well getting the tards of the road is a similar project to getting the skangers of the streets.

Anyone figure how to do either i've ogt a noble peace price waiting for u.

*No flamethrowers allowed.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've often thought about doing a swift handbrake turn and stick on my full beams at the cretins whilst reversing along in front of them!

Id also love to get a half dozen ultra high intensity lamps (which activate when I turn on full beams) and when driving along and I come accross a front or rear fog light driver Id just blind the living f**k outta them!
    Doubt it would be very safe or leagl though but we can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ive been rather pro-active in this area for the past several weeks. In the past few instances I've stopped at traffic lights next to a driver with their fog lights on, gotten them to wind down their window and then proceed to roll out the list of expletives attached to fog light users. Course, yes, I've been told to fupp off practically every time but it's worth the shocked look on their faces. Screaming at the top of my voice at passing cars & driving at 5mph are two more of my favorites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

I've developed a technique which I use when some moron is driving up my arse with fulls on.

I simply adjust my wing mirror so that it shines the beam back into their eyes.

It's amazing how quickly they drop back, whilst usually turning down the fulls. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by patch69
    I've developed a technique which I use when some moron is driving up my arse with fulls on.

I simply adjust my wing mirror so that it shines the beam back into their eyes.

lol, that sounds like a good idea but how the heck do you know you are getting them in the eyes? How to you aim the thing at them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

Trial and error my friend!! I just let it back a bit, till I suspect my mirror is at the correct angle. At the very least, it gives me a smug feeling.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Ba$tard
    Be considerate to other drivers and dont go buying those frikkin over-powered brighter bulbs. Shops should not be allowed to sell those.

Oops! Have 80/100w bulbs but in my defence the standard 55/60w are hopeless through a Merc 190s lense esp when on dipped. Also I have the lights "angled" at the lowest they can be adjusted to.

I like the mirror idea but it could be improved on - I think a James Bond style pop-up sheild in the back window but with a mirror on it would work a treat! :D

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was driving last night and some dick driving behind me had his full heads on. What was more annoying was that he dipped them for oncoming traffic and put head back on when they passed. He/she should obviously not be allowed on the road.

I'll not even start on fog's as I'll only get high blood pressure! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 1st Colt

It's the bleedin smart-ass executives that get MY blood pressure up .. some not all of them are * worse * than common or garden skangers .. they drive right on your arse, that actually contributes to dangerous driving ..

The media etc. are always blaming accidents on drink or sometimes drugs, but its the big shots and the ones who won't dip their headlights who're to blame half the time .. and they're probably stone cold sober ...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How did you find a thread three and a half years old about a topic that never ends?
    thread quickly locked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement