Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

proxy on the servers?

Options
  • 22-07-1999 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Just a question just so that im right or wrong ....Do or should ppl be running QW through there proxies??If so can ppl plaese do so tnx .Also the reason for this is to stop hacked mods getting on the server??

Blaster tongue.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yes. PPL should use proxies and they should be launched at the same time as qw so it can check for hacked mdl's. D:\Games\Quake\Proxy\cheapo.exe -p 25111 D:\Games\Quake\glqwcl.exe
    Run something similar to that to get the proxy and qwcl started together.

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

load o billix in all fairness
    ppl lately have been accusing me of cheating becuase i start my proxy first then connect to it, with their little f_modified.

i couldnt be arsed changing the way i load up qw just to satisfy some poor losers who get all sore when i kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

you mean to say that you don't cheat!!!!?

tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Here Death,

I happened to be one of those people who requested that you started your qwcl via your proxy. Am I a looser ? .. I think not dude.

Firstly, I dont really give a sh1t what people do in CA, hacks, mdls, etc, but in a war, I most sincerley do as it is only fair to everyone else that you are playing with.

In the Uk and Europe, Starting QW via Proxy is a Standard in ALL international and any big competitions its insisted upon.

Lets make this clear. Nobody is accusing any body of cheating or having hacked anything.

Its a standard of play and good ettiquite to other players, basicly stating, hey, 'im using the origional and Im good enuf not to use any hacks'. One should not get offended so easily if they have nothing to hide.

I think if people just got used to starting qw via proxies it will become a day to day event. Sorta like switching from WinQuake to Qw.. It took time, but its for the benifit of everybody concerned.

I'll let you guys decide what you think, but personally I have my own thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well my proxy (cheapo) is runnin on a different machine (that has external access) so that i can actually connect to the servers at all.
    no other way for me to do it.
    anyway if anyone uses anything other than fullbrights than thats just sad and they obviously suck smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what is a proxy?
    i just load gamespy and connect through the unbound quakeworld list???

and i wouldnt know if iam cheating or not. not that it makes much difference anyway smile.gif

anyone have an url or explanation to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

lad, if ye need to ask fer help, goto www.weenie.com
    they look fer ppl loike ye to help with yer quake play....
    :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Wah?
    I don't use a ****in' Proxy,
    because of all those crappy messages...
    (SOME CUNNT @ RA ROOM)
    (BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH)
    etc...
    They ****s me off, as every time
    one pops up, I stop to read it and
    get my ass blown to 8hit!
    What ever the hell else they do..?

They only come out at night.
    http://drive.to/mobius

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Even if u dont use u'r proxy the messages from other ppl will still show up so just use it like a good hamahack(translation can be gotten on request)

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yah, still trying to get mine to work along with qwcl..

perhaps a hand? I run qwcl from DOS (in a DOS shell window from Win95) but proxy won't run alongside it, it shuts down.

the messages are very handy. Lets you know where you can retreat to, help out at, etc..
    Have to get it working...

• Advertisement

yeah, sickboy, my point is that I think proxies R a load of bohllox because they send these messages to people who don't give a shhit who's below RA! tongue.gif
    Proxies are for peolpe who are too stupid to remember what team their on. :>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Darkedge

dont be a lepper mobius.
    some people have to use a proxy to get outside firewalls.

lots of people do and just because you dont have one is no reason to badmouth them.

lame

ps : hey sickboy what is a hamahack?

[This message has been edited by Darkedge (edited 24-07-99).]

Hmm, they still suck ass though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Darkedge

how do you know if you have not used one?

Advertisement