Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2k Small Business Server

Options
  • 09-10-2003 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've built a new box to replace our old legacy nt box with small business server. Now I've got exhcange and all working as it should etc. I've got everything bar SQL working at this point, but this isn't the first time I've hit this problem.

Anyways I'm installing a product called MailMarshal NetIQ 5.5 SMTP version, which is a mime/content filtering package. You make exchange listen on what ever port and forward mail to it etc.

The problem is between MailMarshal an SQL server 7. It will not connect to it at any cost. I've turned the auth onto mixed mode. I've tried using the sa and local administrator account but with no sucess. MailMarshal only logs to SQL server :/, it has a very nice reporting tool which we need for managment reasons to keep an eye on use and abuse of the mail system.

Basically has anyone ever setup 2k SBS and had problems with the SQL server? It is running and I can use the SBS mgmnt console to fiddle with it and add databases etc, but alas MailMarshal won't even get past the db setup.

Any help/tips would be great.

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

Advertisement