Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOFFL's next move

Options
  • 09-10-2003 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

Between Net/Comms, Broadband, and misc others it is clear that Eircom are hogging the slots in newly enabled exchanges.

I live in a (relatively) small town of 6000 people. The exchange was enabled 2 weeks ago. I was probably ( because I knew the exchange was enable before an official announcement) the first to order ADSL in the area. I made the cardinal error of ordering througe UTV.

Well I bet you can guess :mad:

UTV were informed by eircon that there were no slots available.Hehe. Even if the demand for broadband here was enourmous the slots could not be filled.

QED the ba$tards are keeping them for themselves.

I have a good friend who was able to get my line checked on the first day by those hoors and it passed, so I know it's just a matter of being switched on!!

Can you imagine, Shinzon, passing and failing at the same time :rolleyes:

NE way the pattern is there. I have written to Etain & Co. Please do the same if you experience similar $hit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

It's also possible that utv's back office procedures aren't as efficient as they should be. I dunno, though.
    Also, when an exchange is newly enabled- a status can come back "as no slots available"
    something similar here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Did you tell them you knew for sure there were slots available and that they should challenge Eircon?
    What did they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Guys, isn't this a bit off topic for this board?

Any evidence that Eircom are concealing availability of slots from their competitors should be posted here. (Not that any of us round here would believe such a thing could happen ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Yes,

indeed we are going a little bit of the topic, but I am going to let run for a while, I am intested to see just how much we are seeing this 'out of slots' problem. I don't doubt that Eircom may have developed this as one of its tricks to get customers, between this and the winback etc .... :rolleyes: I might also make contact with UTV to gauge the problem from their end.

Although given all this, the committee still feels we are fighting against the current on this one, and will continue to focus on the prompting investment in an alternative wireless infrastructure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Feel free to split my query off to the BB forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Split thread to Not enough slots at the exchange under CPS on the consumer board. Can we keep the consumer specific issues there pls, many thanks.

Advertisement