Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no threads on bohs v pats ?

• 09-10-2003 8:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

i don't need to start one as i am one of them jump on the bandwagon united supporters it was only really because brian mc clair had such quick feet :rolleyes:

it's funny listening to everyone given out about all these bandwagon supporters and yet not one of you started a thread on one of probably the best games of football i have seen on rte in years....

saying that i don't like watching fai teams but still.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I saw bits of the match last night and from what i saw it looked a good game alright. Unfortunately another one like that in the EL may not come along for a few years . Hence the lack of Interest.

BTW there is no post on sol campbel Having his charge altered and getting off lightly either. No Arsenal fans declaring the FA have a vendetta against their beloved gunners. Interesting That:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Great game alright! To be fair the standard all around the league is really starting to pick up. Its a pleasure to watch O Callaghan and Flynny (pre injury) for Cork city- but I would say that:D Anyway, support your local team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

A terrific match. Shame about the result.

And what an antidote to the stories of spoilt, petulant, arrogant, overpayed, immature, stunted brats (of all nationalities) that infest the Premiership in England.

Brian Glanville was interviewed on Morning Ireland yesterday morning about the controversies surrounding football and footballers in the UK. He had some interesting things to say about how football reflects the society around it. Pity the RTE website does not have a direct link to that section of the program.

Anyway, last night's match showed the better side of football. And society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by Hairy Homer

Brian Glanville was interviewed on Morning Ireland yesterday morning about the controversies surrounding football and footballers in the UK. He had some interesting things to say about how football reflects the society around it. Pity the RTE website does not have a direct link to that section of the program.

Anyway, last night's match showed the better side of football. And society.

Wow. I didn't hear all of his interview and I'd gotten out of the car before he said any of this. (from today's Irish Times)

an unsettling live interview given by British sports journalist Brian Glanville to Des Cahill on RTÉ's Morning Ireland programme......

Cahill had been.. obliged to dissociate the programme from the sweeping views Glanville put forward on the current allegations of yobbism and rape associated with a number of current English Premiership footballers.

Without any obviously clear context, Glanville drifted towards broad generalisations about black players and particularly those of "West Indian origin". He went on to claim that many black children are "left at home all day unsupervised".

And there was me wondering why it wasn't on the RTE website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i didnt even know it was on. i was watching the superior programing from Sun Hill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

what a game !!!. This has done a lot for the irish league (i know it was a cup match) because tonns of people watched it even people who normally dont watch soccer. I know this because i talked to alot of people in school about it. Oh and about the cork player injured. Ive seen him a month or 2 back a couple of times and he's brillant he@s and irish U 21 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

irish people talking about irish football, who would have thought eh...

aren't you all to busy talking about english football ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Big Chief
    irish people talking about irish football, who would have thought eh...

aren't you all to busy talking about english football ? :rolleyes:

Rape ,Strike,Drugs,Racists.

There yah go :d

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement