Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Email Settings for Ipaq

• 09-10-2003 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All
    Can anybody please tell me the settings needed to get email on my Ipaq PDA with a Nokia 8310

I have a few Eircom free accounts and would like to know first if this is possible and if so what do I need to get working.

I hope someone will know this.

Many thnaks
    Darren

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - these are for vodafone:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117409

of you want O2 then post back and I pop them up (if you catch me before i head away in the morning), or greg_f would be the best person to help you out for O2 configs on here

you would use the Vodaofne or O2 conneciton settings to get online - then set up your eircom.net email account (almost the same steps as using outlook express)

you may need to use the operators outgoing mail server - although i think the eircom.net ones would work for them)

vodafone.ie outgoing (SMTP) mail server: mail.vodafone.ie

o2.ie outgoing (SMTP) mail server: smtp.o2.ie

hth,
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

of you want O2 then post back

i want the settings for O2 Please, my brother got an 8210 and an Ipaq and is always at me to get it online for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ok - an 8210 will get basic dialup at around 9.6kbps (or might be pushed to 14.4kbps - not sure about the 8210 though?... re: pdf http://web.o2.ie/portal/CM/getcontent/17417.pdf) - not the fastest experience in the world really but can be done :)

i though you had written 8310 at first and was about to paste out the GPRS settings - but the step-by-step dial-up ones i don't have handy at the mo

sorry i'm up to my head in stuff that i still have to pack :( - so greg_f is your best bet - you might also want to say what Pocket PC OS verison it is (they all have slightly differnet connection managers) to help him get the right ones for you

BrianG

Advertisement