Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a years DSL from Netsource

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The SoHo, SME and Premier options all have excellent contention ratios. These figures detail how the available bandwidth is shared between users. Netsource offers a fixed IP address and a two-month rolling contract. There are no download limits, so no penalties exist for heavy network traffic.

Everybody knows that there are "Limits" on Netsource.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to respond pointing out the bullsh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Can't someone sue them for false advertising or smoething like that.
    Jesus if these guys can say things like that they can get away with murder.
    Its blatent lies about 'no penalties exist for heavy network traffic'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Normally I'd advise emailing ENN to clarify, but since this is a Paid Puff Piece[TM], there isn't much point.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

What happens if you win the prize and your line doesn't pass the line test?

The rules only state "[the winner must] be connected to a DSL-enabled exchange."

• Advertisement

sheila@electricnews.net or ralph@electricnews.net

I think that they have been conned by Netsource . Correction today I should hope .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Although Netsource reserve the right to change their Ts&Cs obviously they havent changed them at all because still there are no penalties for heavy downloading.
    So throttling is DEFINITELY not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Normally I'd advise emailing ENN to clarify, but since this is a Paid Puff Piece[TM], there isn't much point.

I am surprised that anyone can tell the difference with ENN any more. Now it seems that every story that it runs is just a recycled press release or an 'advertorial'. Then again, good journalism costs money and ENN's stuff is free so it is not worth being concerned about it.

However the Netsource propaganda may take in some less than clueful readers. If people feel strongly enough about it, submit an article. ;)

Regards...jmcc

Might get a story on Silicon Republic about it if I knew who to talk to in Silicon Republic.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Any of these any use?

Publisher: Darren McAuliffe, dmcauliffe@siliconrepublic.com
    Editor: Ian Campbell, icampbell@siliconrepublic.com
    Group Information Officer: Eoin Gollogley, egollogley@siliconrepublic.com

From SR's Contact Us page.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Muck
    Might get a story on Silicon Republic about it if I knew who to talk to in Silicon Republic.

I think one of their journos, Dick O'Brien, was seen around here in the past. John Kennedy is another potential contact (did the Business and Finance pseudotech stuff.). Most of the Siliconrepublic stuff is run on paper in the Indo so it would be a better placement than ENN.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/contactus/index.html

Don't expect indepth knowledge and cutting edge expertise though. SR is a mass market type publication but in general, the overall quality of the the non-press release articles is good.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ralphaverbuch

...you can make your own assessment!

Ralph aka sticknstones
    ENN

Make my own assessment ante a competition , what kind of obtuse twittering is that?

Your Site is carrying an advertisement which states that ALL Netsource packages are UNLIMITED when it is well known that they have unilaterally capped their SoHo product but won't include it in their T&C's and that this has been going on for a month.

Looks like you will have some explaining to do to Advertising Standards then seeing as you published the incredulous Garbage on your website and took money from Netsource for doing so.,

Shame on you Ralph , taking money to publish press releases which are known to be untrue.

M

I've entered anyway. Free is free, and it'd be a total hoot if I won it. I'd install it next to my UTV connection and use it for a 0-day ISO mirror.

heh

adam

Originally posted by dahamsta
    0-day ISO mirror.

adam

I'm not sure what the 0-Day bit means but if you win I will host the website that runs the Book on how long it will take Netsource to cap you, it appears that the current Netsource policy is throttle early and throttle often .

A fabulous FREE ENN LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION will be the prize to the most accurate prediction of how many days it will take Netsource to Bitch Slap Adam into the BitBucket .

M

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Muck.

I love you.

DeV.

New name for ENN ( if you like techie jokes)

/dev/bull

M

Muck, I'm short of things to rant about these days, getting throttled by Netsource would be a whole month's worth of letters, emails and phone calls. Luxury! :)

Dear $MEP[$n],

Netsource are right bastards, so they are. C'mere till I tell ya...

/dev/bull. Priceless.

adam

Originally posted by Muck
    New name for ENN ( if you like techie jokes)

/dev/bull

Best one I've seen in a long time. How long before people start referring to it as such? :)

Regards...jmcc

Yesterday
    Netsource offers a fixed IP address and a two-month rolling contract. There are no download limits, so no penalties exist for heavy network traffic.

Today
    Netsource offers a fixed IP address and a two-month rolling contract. There are no download limits for business customers

I am a bit disappointed that ENN defended the gross inaccuracy yesterday but fortunately the power of Boards won out in the end. The new wording is bit of a fudge but I for one won't trouble the ASA with it.

M

• Advertisement

Indeed. There's been mention of SME's being throttled too, but since that's only a new rumour I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. ;)

adam

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I am a bit disappointed that ENN defended the gross inaccuracy yesterday but fortunately the power of Boards won out in the end.

Makes me feel all ... *sniff* ... gooey inside.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Is the second prize two years DSL from Netsource?

Advertisement