Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snooker-LG Cup

• 09-10-2003 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I was watching the match last night between Doherty and White and I thought Ken was out in the final frame. White had an easy blue but he missed and Ken potted the last two balls to win the match.

Ken has Michael Holt in the quarters and if he wins that it looks like he will be playing Williams in the Semi's. Both Ronnie and Higgins have a hard match in the second round with Ronnie-v-Stevens and Higgins-v-Murphy and the winners of both matches play each other in the quarters. I'd say that would be a Higgins-v-Sullivan match and Higgins to win.

anyway, the final looks likely to be O'Sullivan/Higgins-v-Doherty/Williams IMO.

G'won Ken!;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I only saw the last few balls of the last frame of last nights match. I was sorry I missed what looked like a good match. Jimmy seems to have a bit of form what I saw of him, would be nice to see him do well at the embassy but thats ages off yet. Well done to Ken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

both of them are playing in Clonmel soon (16th of this month) its going to be great. here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

the final frame last night was one of the best I've seen this year for pure entertainment. Kens fluke on the pink was unbelieveable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

In fairness Jimmy Fluked a red to give him a chance to take the frame too .... Ken was out of it , then White lost the run of the white ball and a pressure blue was missed... Ken did well to hold his nerve and sink the final pink in the middle ... Williams is not playing overly well so far but he is still winning pretty easily .. hopefully he will get a better challenge from his next opponent ....

Ken was 20-1 last I saw (yesterday probably lower know)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by eireboy
    Ken has Marco Fu in the quarters and if he wins that it looks like he will be playing Williams in the Semi's. Both Ronnie and Higgins have a hard match in the second round with Ronnie-v-Stevens and Higgins-v-Murphy and the winners of both matches play each other in the quarters. I'd say that would be a Higgins-v-Sullivan match and Higgins to win.

anyway, the final looks likely to be O'Sullivan/Higgins-v-Doherty/Williams IMO.

Thats the way I see it too. It will hopefully be a Higgins vs Doherty final with John Higgins winning. :D

I predict a very good season foir both of them. :)

BTW I managed to get 6/1 odds on John Higgins last week for the title. ;)

Also, this is Paddy Power's point of view ATM :

M Williams 5 - 2

R O'Sullivan 4 - 1

J Higgins 9 - 2

K Doherty 5 - 1

M Stevens 14 - 1

C Small 16 - 1

M Fu 16 - 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Just finished watching the Watana-Williams match which Williams won 5-3. I just can't believe that Watana didn't win he missed a chance to win the 2nd frame with a relatively easy shot and he missed another 3 pots to win frames later on and if he had of took them he would have won 5-1. Williams played really bad and didn't deserve to win but when he hit bad shots he was still always joking, I love his sense of humor.:)

Ronnie's out.

Matthew Stevens played brilliantly to beat him 5-0 & Ronnie didn't even get a chance of scoring.

With Ronnie out & Williams very lucky to beat James Wattana today, it's looking more & more likely to be a Higgins vs Doherty final on sunday. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Doherty has to get past Fu, who aint doing too badly at the moment.

Did anybody see the bit on the new rest designed by an Irishman, Its really cool I was using it last week As the pro in my club is a mate of the designer, Roy. The future is here..........

Originally posted by gerire
    Doherty has to get past Fu, who aint doing too badly at the moment.

Hi Ger, Marco Fu was knocked out 5-4 by michael Holt earlier this afternoon.
    Originally posted by gerire
    Did anybody see the bit on the new rest designed by an Irishman, Its really cool I was using it last week As the pro in my club is a mate of the designer, Roy. The future is here..........

Yeah, I saw Steve Davis tryin' to use it. I wouldn't mind having a go of it. (Did anyone noticed that he hit one of the reds when removing it ? :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by celticfc
    Hi Ger, Marco Fu was knocked out 5-4 by michael Holt earlier this afternoon.
    That Holt fella looks like a good player, knocking out both Fu and Stephen Hendry. Although he didn't play too well yesterday so Doherty is hot favourite.

• Advertisement

Two very good matches were on last night, the Higgins vs Murphy match had at least one 50 break in each frame & did anyone see the miscue & fluke by John in the Parrott vs Walker match. :D

Anyway, all quarter finals are to be played today.

Here's the draw:

Chris Small
    John Parrott

John Higgins
    Matthew Stevens (Should be match of the round)

Michael Holt
    Ken Doherty

Ali Carter
    Mark Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

chris small
    V = john parrot
    john parrot
    V =higgins
    higgins
    V =higgins
    stevens
    = ???
    holt
    V =Doherthy
    doherthy
    V =williams
    carter
    V =williams
    Williams

edited : **** that didnt work it looked perfect when i type it out but the damn thing wouldnt let me leave a lot of spaces between words :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

small V parrot = parrot
    higgins
    higgins V stevens = higgins
    ........................................................... ???
    holt V doherthy =doherthy
    ............................................williams
    carter V williams = williams

147 for Higgins.

OMG what a fluke :D .

I think that has to be definitly up there the best ones. A brilliant break. Thats stg$25,000 for less than 10 mins work. :D

Advertisement