Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Anytime Billing

Options
  • 09-10-2003 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

I realise there's another thread, but I didn't want to hijack it. I was just wondering if anybody on IOL Anytime has not received any bills/direct debits yet. I signed up in July and haven't received any word yet. I was signed up for Netsmart before that, and they were bad enough with the billing, choosing random times to take it out, and never sending out paper/e-mail bills, but this is getting silly. How are they making money??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

I'm in the same situation. It'd be nice to be able to plan payment, especially since I'm nearing my CC limit at this stage of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

And to think they might do a "Oh, you owe us that in back payments, this in pre-payments." and God only knows how much they'll try to take.

FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

And to think they might do a "Oh, you owe us that in back payments, this in pre-payments." and God only knows how much they'll try to take.

Yeah i got screwed by that, nearly 100 euro in one go, phoned them up and they gave that line. They could have f***in told us before

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

gees lads i havent checked my back account yet, im proberly in overdraft it this is the case, they told me i pay 1 month up front and the following month, thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

ah the old chestnut rears its head again...

Bills are calculated on 8th of the month and debited from bank
    accounts/credit card on the 23rd of that month.

No bill is sent, by email or paper, as the above timing is predicatable.

While monthly figures are advertised, 30 per month etc. the preparation od the bill and subsequent debit, as mentioned above, is made bimonthly.

Thus, every 60 days you should see a debit.

• Advertisement

Just got a letter, bear in mind I have not received any communication from them (bills, letters, notices of arrears.., statements) in any shape, any format since July. Nada, zilch, zero.
    Dear Sir/Madam,

FINAL NOTICE
    Account No.: xxxxxxxxxxx
    Outstanding Balance EUR123.30
    Internal reference: 123123

As previously notified, your account is currently in arrears.

Please make your payment by using the Payment Advice Slip on the bottom of your bill and post your cheque to ESAT BT, PO Box 32, Kilrush, Co. Clare. If you have already done so, will you please contact us on 6296620 to confirm payment details.

Failure to make immediate payment of the total overdue amount will result in withdrawal of any existing services and referral of your account to a Third Party for the recovery of the outstanding ammount.

Please note that further charges, up to the date of termination will be payable. To resume service after disconnection, will require a deposit of 127.00 plus fees of 26.66 and future payment arrangements to be made by Direct Debit only.

We trust you will give this matter your immediate attention.

Yours faithfully

Emma Barrett [not signed]
    Overdue Accounts
    (contact details)
    When I was on Netsmart I got the very first bill by e-mail and two further ones because I phoned and complained about not getting them. So anyhow I phoned the number above, and was told that my account was in the clear. I was shocked into silence when I heard this, and she (the Esat Biddy) went on to tell me that a payment of €123.30 had been registered in August. As someone with fairly limited funds, I know (and Banking 365 tells me so) that no such payment was made. I asked Biddy what I should do about the letter, and she said to bin it (obviously I won't till I'm sure everything is cleared up).

So has anybody else that was having billing problems affected like this at all? My mind really does boggle at this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The billing makes perfect sense if you have the brainpower to read the letter you get

It clearly says that you will be charged bi-monthly in advance but that you will be charged pro-rata for the time from the account setup to the bill date.

you are only paying for what you get.

To call the people who are on the customer care desk biddys when they deal with all the **** that comes in when they had nothing to do with the setup or billing of the product is a little harsh to say the least.

I sometimes wonder why people don't read the t+cs of things they sign up to, I really do.

On the overdue amounts issue it really is up to you to check why your payment was not taken, after all you want the service, why not check why there is a problem.

It almost seems like you want people to hold yer hands ffs

1. The Billing does not make sense. I should have been billed:
    July/August: €40
    September/October: €50

Which adds up to €90. And that's giving them all of July, when I was only signed up in the last week or so. Even if I had been billed the full amount that would have been €120, including all of July, not just the week or so pro rata.

2. I have been signed up since the beginning of Netsmart, over a year ago, and in the interim I have received ONE BILL. I think I have a right to know what I'm being charged, and what for.

3. I don't think there is ever anybody as polite as I am when I talk to customer care reps. I understand they must put with a lot of crap, so I don't give them any.

4. As I've received no bills, no letters AND they know that fact as I've been on to them several times, how can this make sense:
    As previously notified, your account is currently in arrears.

Please make your payment by using the Payment Advice Slip on the bottom of your bill
    Originally posted by t|nt|n
    It almost seems like you want people to hold yer hands ffs
    No, I want to know if this is a fluke, or if anybody else has to deal with this. I suggest you read the thread properly before starting your flaming, as I pointedly asked that question in each of my posts.

As for the Biddy part, loosen up. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

I signed up for anytime around the 21st of july and got direct debited 53 euro in august so I rang esat up and they told me I was been billed for the next two months and the bit of july I was registered.

Advertisement