Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your favourite player ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

Matthew Stevens as he always came across as a sound guy. His appearance on the Beebs All Stars showed he could be a grumpy git as well, although coming last probably didn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 kika_j

Mark king is usually good for a laugh. not really surprised to see ronnie out on top (sure isint it always the way) :) been impressed with stephen maguire, if he could only be more consistent.

Oh yea and our very own Fergal... great player... I'm also mezmerised by his incredible eyebrows!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Ronnie O'Sullivan gets my vote. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

a choice between Davis, Donerty or White

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I like Peter Ebdon. O Sullivan is a good player but I would rather watch Ebdon, with Hunter coming second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭RedRules5

OP Stuart Pettman? Worldsnooker.com tells me his record, currently ranked 44, what has he done to get on your poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gusyf

Sorry got to vote for Fergal O'Brien.... but he is my cousin...
    1st time user so bear with me. Looking to buy a decent snooker cue. Fergals uncle or some relative owns a place in Capel Street am I correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Ronnie most talented/naturally gifted player? How many world titles has he won?
    Hendry all the way....best player to ever pick up a cue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

jimmy white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How anyone picks O'Sullivan I don't know. He may very well be the best, but Fav, as in as a person or personality, the guy is a misery, so sullen and moody looking. Boring as hell I'd say to talk to. Davis for christs sake was bad in his day, but he's actually quiet a down to earth fun type of guy now. Doherthy to me seems the most likeable player, he is not the best player but he's got a personality, people like him for more than just his snooker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Stephen Hendry is my fav player because he has stayed at the game for so long and is a perfectionist.

To watch, I think Ronnie has to be the best player ever. It all comes so naturally to him. I can't stand him as a person but he is a great snooker player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mark_T_147

Mick Judge is Rapih. Hopefully dis will be his season.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

lafortezza wrote:
    I haven't seen him in interviews and he is a bit of a pretty boy but any player who's playing badly in the first session of a final, then at the interval gives his bird a seeing to in the dressing room, then comes out and end up winning, well, that player is a legend!

Apart from that Stephen Lee or the Whirlwind.

Well said. I don't see how anybody could put him down after his great performances in the masters over the years and also his bravery by playing even after just being diagnosed with cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

Ah Ken would have to be my favourite player alright.
    Too much of a fan sometimes, didn't take that defeat to Mark Williams too well in the 2003 final. Was at a wedding in Rome, very drunk, very annoyed. I'll say no more on that subject, even though it's pretty funny looking back.

I'm gonna go against the grain on this one and say that i hate Jimmy White, don't like his attitude, hate his fans (the one's in the venue's that is). I'm sure i'll get some heated responses on that note, but that's just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

my fave is rocket ronnie i h8 hendry :mad: ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tiger Jim

gdez you are wrong about Jimmy White. His fans get over excited when he plays, but he has always been a gentleman to play against, always gracious in defeat (a lot of Embassies!) and always a good sportsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Steve Davis is a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Fine Gaeler

Ken Doherty all the way!Great memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Davis for me - funny and down to earth bloke these days. :=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

The rocket for me just for his pure entertainment:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭shyne

ken doherty or stephen hendry

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sixty_Niner

Based on Natural talent - Ronnie O'Sullivan. 5 (?) of the quickest 147's on record and during an exhibiton last year between O'Sullivan and White in the Spa Hotel, he made another 147, with about half the shots with his left hand. Ironically Jimmy beat him the same night 5-4, with 6 centuries in total. Great night out.

On likability / personality, Fergal O'Brien or Ken Doherty. I practice at the same club as Fergal and he is a genuine guy to talk.

Ciao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

fav is ronnie for entertainment and he is a genius! like ken too. hate ebdon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

Ronnie o'Sull

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Stephen Hendry my a mile, all round perfectionist and class act

O'Sullivan - knob head, if he was as good as everyone says, he would be dominating the sport, this whole i dont really care attitude doesn't fly with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Ronnie O'Sullivan and Ding Junhui for incredible flexibility, tactical and potting skill, and Mark Williams and Mark King for being entertaining (and of course, skillful as well) :)

Doherty and White are great to watch, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 There we were

Ken Doherty. Gotta love him, hes Irish but he is the most frustrating top player to support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 RayMondo

For sheer natural genius around the table, Ronnie O'Sullivan beats them all the time, don't forget geniuses can be very tempermental unless guided to be better, I reckon ole dracula (Ray Riordan) is doin a good job of it!
    For sheet tenacity and determination it's got to be Peter Ebdon, for me because he is not a natural player, he's got to be up there as one of the all time greats!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

The Rocket is an obvious number one for me. Anyone read his book?? Twas very good alright....

I know it's bad, but I CAN'T STAND Ken Doherty..... He just grinds me gears!!! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭walzer

Jimmy White - nobody could play power shots like he could in his younger days. And there was nobody with such natural speed around the table.

Advertisement