Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your favourite player ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

Alex 'Hurricane' Higgins is the best ever

i saw him play an exhibition game once - he was great

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

i full agree with that, higgins was brilliant, only sorry that i wasnt around to see him in his prime :( , unfortunately though, he seemed to treat EVERY game as an exhibition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

I hate peter ebdon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

:D
    BENJAMIN61 wrote:
    I hate peter ebdon
    Fully Agree... great player tho'.

I used always like to watch tony Drago, just seemed to never take himself too seriously. Steven Lee is a pleasure to watch, one of the best cue actions in the game. Like most I do like O'Sullivan. When he's on form he just commands the table.

I think My favourite tho' is Fergal O'Brien. No particular reason but whenever he's playing I always like to see him do well. Said hello to him outside Bolton St. one day and he was very nice altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

andyman wrote: »
    I like Peter Ebdon but, like every Irish snooker fanatic(I hope) I like Ken aswell

Peter Ebdon is a strange choise IMO. I was watching him play last year and started to count the back strokes before he struck the ball.....and the max number was 15.

But i have respect for Perter He is a great player and can beat anybody on his day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ebdon is my favourite. He's gracious in defeat and he jus't doesn't seem to care about image like the rest of them do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Glitily

Without a doubt, Ronnie. He's just amazing to watch. charming, smiling, entertaining and SOOOO talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Slimkelly

Ronnie is my fave i really like Ebdon to. Paul Hunter was a big loss to snooker, a great player. R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

Glitily wrote: »
    Without a doubt, Ronnie. He's just amazing to watch. charming, smiling, entertaining and SOOOO talented.

You forgot hot ;)

HAHAH....

But on a more serious note, yes Paul Hunter was a great loss. Fantastic player, and very brave to have kept playing like he did. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Have to go for Ken.

Apart from him Ronnie and Ding Junhui

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

I really like Ronnie such a joy to watch. Also have a bit of a soft spot for Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Really like Ronnie. So good to watch but I also have a bit of a soft spot for Doherty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭eoiner-galway

where is alex higgins in that poll?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

where is alex higgins in that poll?

To be fair when that poll was started (Nearly 5 years ago) All the players were in the top 16 and playing competitive snooker, thats why Alex isn't there....

.... and that's why there's an "Other" option :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

heh, when i started reading I was like "wtf", but then I saw a post from a poster I hadnt seen on Boards in years and the penny dropped.

Lock this thread tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

funny ole world, just 4 of the named in the poll still in the top 16...

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Ronnie is just a master class! Most natural talent ever :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I could sit and watch Ronnie all day...Unbelievably talented...have a picture with him and he is a really nice guy...

Also, Jimmy White is one of the nicest guys ever and a real showman..
    Seen him playing at the masters in Wembley a couple of years ago and I also met him when he did an exhibition in Waterford a couple of years back...Signed an autograph for everyone and was happy to pose for pictures with anyone...The man is a genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

Bluezar wrote: »
    I could sit and watch Ronnie all day...Unbelievably talented...have a picture with him and he is a really nice guy...

*sooooo jealous*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CUETIME

Ronnie O'Sullivan is just classic of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Neil Robertson :D Class player and unlike alot of the others, brings some real character to the game. I'd say he'd be great to see live, really hypes up the crowd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Neil Robertson :D Class player and unlike alot of the others, brings some real character to the game. I'd say he'd be great to see live, really hypes up the crowd!
    He seems like a genuinely nice chap as well; never seems to act pissy, although sometimes his opponents can get annoyed at his antics.
    In the World Championship match the other day between Robertson and Shaun Murphy, he left his cue extension behind in his dressing room and Murphy refused to allow him to go get it (why...?). His face was a picture when Jan ver Haas fetched it for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

zynaps wrote: »
    He seems like a genuinely nice chap as well; never seems to act pissy, although sometimes his opponents can get annoyed at his antics.
    In the World Championship match the other day between Robertson and Shaun Murphy, he left his cue extension behind in his dressing room and Murphy refused to allow him to go get it (why...?). His face was a picture when Jan ver Haas fetched it for him...

Haha ya i saw that. Its not the first time Murphy has done something like that, it might be going by the rulebook but he should have showed some respect and decency towards Robertson. It was like he was deliberately trying to put him off, knowing that it was annoying Robertson to stand around and wait for the extension.

I love the way Robertson actually looks happy when he makes a good shot or a comeback. Doesn't seem like much, but some of the older ones just stand there with a stony expression....you can almost see them tut tutting at Robertson pumping his fist in the air or making faces at the camera! :P And he always seems lovely at exhibitions or interviews :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

TONY MEO or DOUG MOUNTJOY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Vote has to go to Ronnie, do particularly like Ali Carter though.

Can't stand Peter Ebdon though :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joshor123

has 2 be hendry. ppl just pick ronnie bcos hes the best at the moment usuakky...id even beat him tho;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Doherty as he is Irish.

Also been fan of Henry

Never was big fan of O Sullivan. great player but bit of knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kevray

i think your a bit of a knob to come on here and criticise the greatest player of all time, you sicken me. how can u call yourself a snooker fan. pathetic is what u are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

kevray wrote: »
    i think your a bit of a knob to come on here and criticise the greatest player of all time, you sicken me. how can u call yourself a snooker fan. pathetic is what u are
    You won't last long here with that attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Doherty as he is Irish.

Also been fan of Henry

Never was big fan of O Sullivan. great player but bit of a complete knob

Fixed that for you.

Advertisement