Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Bought From Techtronics.com?

Options
  • 09-10-2003 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Anyone ever had any dealings with a site called Techtronics based in the uk?

That link will bring you to a page on their site featuring the Sony DAV-S550 for £270 (+del). It's a beautiful machine and I'm thinking about going for it, but just wondering if anyone can vouch for this site or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

nope.....but they do seem fairly professional from their web site and they do get some good reviews from
    thedvdforums.com
    avforums.com

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Sorry never used that site but it looks ok, look like a nice system too though I'm always sceptical about modded gear so you'd want to be very sure about the warranty before you pay out your hard earned cash,

Some googling will probably get you feedback about the site and also try www.avforums.com for feedback on the site, they're usually pretty good, also there is the Hi-Fi/Home Theater Forum http://www.cloneyaudio.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro
    there should be info there

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Shred

Cool, thanks for your help guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I have used them for my DVD player and found them to be very professional and ridiculously cheap compared to the Irish options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

have bought 2 dvd players from them and never had a problem. might be ordering another one in the next couple of days. very helpful folk

• Advertisement

The only snag is guys, they say they only deliver to the credit card holders listed address (to prevent fraud). In my case this is my girlfriend's parents house and I can't be guaranteed there will be someone there for the delivery. Usually when I order online I get it delivered to my job.

Sikes & Mbroaders, was this the case when you ordered or can alternate arrangements be made? Also how long did it take for the stuff you ordered to be delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

as far as i remember they use omega courier and takes 2 days if they have it in stock. yeah i also had to get it delivered to the bill address

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Just ring Omega. Tell them your at work, not at home, and ask them can they deliver there.

Failing that if they attempt to deliver and no one is home they will leave a card with your shipment number on it asking you to contact them. Give em a ring and tell them you'll pick up from the depot. Sorted. I've done this loads of times with numerous currier companies.

Placed the order with Techtronics. Talked to a guy in sales, they use DHL now and sometimes an afternoon delivery can be arranged. Either way as Daveg said, I can just pick it up from their depot.

Cheers men.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭John mac

I bought my DVD player and my reciever from them. No problems except they wanted a picture of my credit card.
    i use the "o" card from AIB so the details of my card are never given online only a random generated number.
    I had to do a money transfer to thier bank ac.
    other than that they were ok.:)

• Advertisement

Got me DVD yesterday. The carrier was Securicor Omega and they tried to deliver at 11:30am yesterday but no one was there. I gave them a call and arranged to collect in Santry at 6:30pm.

All is fine so far, although I got a scare when the Terminator disc kept skipping frames every 15 minutes but took it out to find there was a layer of c*ap on it. Gave it a clean and it was fine:p (the disc has only been played twice).

All in all I'd have to say I'm impressed with Techtronics, ordered the DVD last Friday week and it only took just over a week to get it:)

One more question though, can anyone recommend somewhere that gives a good price on the floor-standing speaker brackets for the DAV-S systems, preferably in Dublin (to save the delay)?

Advertisement