Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New €ircom broadband tv ads sans rat

Options
  • 09-10-2003 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else see these? Was watching the 9 o'clock news on RTE1 last night and at the ad break there were not 1, not 2 but 3 adverts for €ircom broadband in a row. One of them was going on about how great €ircom broadband was for gaming another about how you can download the latest movie trailers and cant remember what the third was about.
    The rat didn't appear in one of them thank god.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Scruff

The rat didn't appear in one of them thank god.

The rat is gone..
    apparently he arrived at some internal sales/marketing conference and was asked to leave..(I'm not making this up)..
    what a way for the poor guy to get his p45..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

<Nelseon voice>HAAAA- HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA </Nelson voice>

:D
    Thats pure class.
    Feel sorry for the poor smuck who had to wear the outfit but what a way to get rid of that marketing disater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by jd
    The rat is gone..
    apparently he arrived at some internal sales/marketing conference and was asked to leave..(I'm not making this up)..
    what a way for the poor guy to get his p45..

The Rat was a woman.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Muck
    The Rat was a woman.

M
    substantive story is true-'twas what was related to me...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

It'll all be okay Eircom is floating on the stock market next year. I guess they think they've done such a good job with the company that they can make a big profit on their outstanding business acumen.
    apparently he arrived at some internal sales/marketing conference and was asked to leave
    jd

it must have taken all their marketing prowess to realise that a shabby looking rat wasn't a good symbol of technological innovation and service provision.

• Advertisement
Advertisement