Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Academy - a resolution?

Options
  • 09-10-2003 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Okay, this might not be of a huge amount of help to anyone but just in case:

I finally got JK:JA to work last night for several hours without any real problems (two crashes to desktop but I was able to restart immediately afterwards without any crap - and even then the two crashes were restricted to an early level with those sodding sandraiders whose howling I am convinced was causing the crashes).
    With a GeForce4 MX 460, Creative Soundblaster PCI 128 and VIA chipset motherboard:
    I installed Win2K professional, Nvidia drivers version 44.03, upgraded the soundblaster drivers to the newest ones from whatever came on the CD and installed the hyperion via drivers 4.43.

That said, I also found that the crashing stopped completly when I stopped ALL my desktop processes like firewalls, antivirus, DSL modem controller. I think the sound control was about the only thing left running in the background so it's possible that might work for someone else, it didn't for me but you never know.

Since doing all of the above I got about four hours of play without a single screwup except for a graphical glitch I already had heard about where (keeping it vague to avoid spoilers) a big enemy was all but invisible, detectible only by some graphical flickers here and there.

Gotta say, that game r0xx0rs my s0xx0rs - or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

What I've found is Win2k cause lots of problems in games if you are using a program to mess with the refresh rates.

Win2k defaults most games to 60hz, so if you have used NVrefresh to mess around with it, games like Halo and Battlefield wont work properly unless you tweak configs/command lines.

Advertisement