Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forgot the damn modem

Options
  • 09-10-2003 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

I was trying to set up a wireless network and stupidly went and ordered a wireless-firewall router and print server box without realising it didn't have an adsl modem in it, this as far as I can see leaves me looking for a cheap external adsl modem. Any ideas where I could pick up one cheapish, usb ones seem useless for me, as do the pci versions, and everything I can find seems to have extraneous junk like routers and firewalls built in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cheradenine

Ah, and one thing if anyone can help me, is it all right to attach a router to an adsl/router device? Will the two routers interfere or can you by pass the first one on the modem? It's just nearly all the cheap adsl modems seem to have routers in them, and I want to attach one to my wireless router.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I seem to remember that someone had a d-link modem/router combo, you could disable the router functionality ... dunno what model though ...

Advertisement