Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sobe

• 09-10-2003 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

What's your favorite flavor?

I just tried this energy drink of theirs that is shapped like a Red Bull can. lolz.

But I like Lizard Lava, Power, n Nirvana.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭antwalsh

Out of interest where were you able to buy the Sobe drinks? I had some in Vancouver in the summer and really liked them but I presumed they were one of the many drinks that would be unavailable over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I used to get them in Spar in Rathmines all the time, but they stopped stocking it and I haven't seen it anywhere else in Dublin :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Sobe has been a disaster since it launched over here - people just haven't been buying it at all. I know someone who worked on the original launch campaign, and she reckons she knows exactly what the problem is - namely the fact that the bottles are too bloody big. 75cl bottles are far, far bigger than most people are prepared to buy as an individual drink - but the Sobe guys were convinced that this was a good idea, stocking them in fridges next to the 500ml bottles of everything else.

I guess it works in America, where everything is bigger (particularly the people), but I know that although I like the Sobe drinks, I'll never pick one up casually when I'm thirsty - I'll reach for a Diet Coke or a water instead, almost purely because they come in sensibly sized bottles. Can't help but feel that launching in 500ml bottles would have helped Sobe massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ah man i love sobe. I used to have it all the time when i was in the states. i had actually totally forgotten about it until i saw this thread. I don't think they were that big really.Well it was a while ago but i don't remember them being huge like. Just in a glass bottle with weird lizard designs on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭EvenStar

If it wasn't true that people here in the States weren't over weight I mighta been insulted... Anyways, I wouldn't know where to find it. But I do agree... those bottles are just to fricking big. I tried to take it to class one day, which resulted in my knocking it off the desk with my elbow. Man it was just asking to be broken all over the floor... :rolleyes:

So I think they should make it bigger.

Just a quick question.. you measure liquid in mL? Over here its in ounces.

This bottle in my fridge that I've had for 3 weeks and have never touched is 20 ounces. Hm... it looks big, but to be honest it's not like super huge..

..just big enough to get knocked around clumsily by a strange student... :o

• Advertisement

Just a quick question.. you measure liquid in mL? Over here its in ounces.

Yep. I think you'll find that most of the rest of the world has now moved to the 20th century and adopted metric measurement systems :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭EvenStar

Hmm... I guess my moderate curiosity was uncalled for. Quite possibly all of the people over there think so lowly of us in the United States? I'm sorry that we lack conformity to the "20th century advancements". lol.

Ok, it really doesn't matter to me. There are a lot of flabby, stupid people here, but there as just as many of them any where else. I say we all just realize that there are more dumb people than just in the U.S. (Although that doesn't seem the case at all times).:rolleyes:

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to come across as nasty. Hence the smiley. It just amuses me and annoys me in equal measure that the USA refuses to move over to using the otherwise universally agreed SI measurement systems - so we're all still having to do conversions because one country won't budge from an outdated system...

Advertisement