Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HERCULES ProphetView 920 PRO 17" TFT LCD good for gaming

• 09-10-2003 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I saw this new tft when i was searching for a new monitor it claims to be excellent for gaming but I'm not soo sure can anyone offer me some honest info on it?BTW i know about ghostin etc so no need to explain the difference of a crt and tft in detail

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Well th 920 it has response time of 20ms so it shout be ok in that department, but from what I have read of the Prophetview 720 being pretty awful, supposedly it really struggles to produce dark greys and browns, they end up as vast black areas.The max resolution is also only 1024x768. If the 720 is this bad I cant see the 920 being much better.But the best thing you can do is see the monitor running games, if theres no ghosting and and the colours are good then go ahead and buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by Chowley
    it really struggles to produce dark greys and browns, they end up as vast black areas.The max resolution is also only 1024x768.

I also read PC Gamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I have the 920 DVI and it works fine with games for me..

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

:D He he, thought it was from PC Format :D

Advertisement