Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exploding Nokia phones

• 09-10-2003 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Apparently there have been two recent incidents of Nokia phones exploding and injuring people. Follow this link for more info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

should be under wireless/mobile forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

no offence Cr3m0, but 90% of your posts i've seen recently have been along the lines of the above, the mods are more than capable of deciding for themselves.
    i for one think this thread fits in nicely here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

...of which at least one was caused by a non-compliant battery. And how many million units do Nokia ship worldwide*? Scaremongering media. Again.

*"For the full year 2002,Nokia volumes reached a record level of 152
    million units" (source:Nokia annual report 2002)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm sure that's of great comfort to the man with the original Nokia battery, and a very badly burned leg.

I'm not knocking Nokia - they produce a great product, but I don't think the issue should be dismissed out of hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have read a few articles on this and it all seems to be heading towards unofficial batteries... Nokia have also made a statement to that effect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement