Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads you just DONT understand (scotland-related brag message)

Options
  • 26-07-1999 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

i think those 30 seconds at the end of e1m2 will

stick in my head for the rest of my fookin life. Lads, you just DONT understand, the timer going down, the scores neck-a-neck, MP grabbing onto my t-shirt like a man clinging on for dear life, the countdown from 5 seconds and we're two ahead, Bunny is charging around like a lunatic with the quad, ser is strafejumping at about 90mph with his launcher trying to root em out, Beast absolutely MILLING through everyone, Koopa taking down ppl like TIMBER toting launchers with his fookin BOOMSTICK, and then its one second, we're one up, the clock goes and we all jump up screaming our fookin heads off, I grab Koopa in a hug and nearly tear his head off, MP hops up on top of me, me and Reaper just turn to the English team who are sitting back in disbelief and scream "****IN TAKE IT !!", beast just sits back with this little satisfied smile, Dev goes ****in MENTAL. Im tellin you, you had to be there, every game of Quake any of us ever played was for this, to see the english "legends" who had looked down on us for so
    long, to see them TAKE it from the Irish Guys.
    lads you HAD to be there. we'll have a FULL report on the whole thing later, and i'll leave out the bit about me nearly knocking aerotus's head off when he asked for a rematch.....

IRELAND RULES! We OWN the UK ! This ones for u Krusty : "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

smile.gif

That makes my day, now get me a demo NOW, or I'll come over looking for you. There is not a chance I'll do a tap of work until I see it. (Not that I do a tap anyway). smile.gif

Gowan the lads.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Jaden, MP has practically every demo from the whole weekend. Timber and Aerotus went to delete
    the demos afterwards, three of the uk demos were wiped, but the 4th machine had a password on it
    and MP got yer man raggy to give it to him.
    our boyz have no demos of the last game, doh!
    but mp will be putting them all up later on.
    we're doin a winamp style report on it all later on.

Ze-(cmon u english pussies, fookin take it)-ro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Well done to all involved!

Cloudgratulations.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

AHH HAHAH COOL!
    This is cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Raggy

Ahh now come on guys, no need to rub it in.
    Yes that was one of the MOST intense games of my life and im proud to have been involved in such a great competition. Sure things got a little heated between the teams in the final but in the end it was handshakes and congrats all round.
    I have never and will never look down on the irish as a quaking nation and im REALLY looking forward to the possiblity of a rematch series in Ireland within the year.

Zero: i can understand how happy you are but i dont quite see how that gives yah reason to be ****ty towards us especially considering how we all left Rapture (at least im my eyes) as friends.

Demos are available, Oppy has a full one, i honestly dont have one (the nerves led me to forget to type .er DOH) im not sure about aero and tim but they certainly wouldnt and didnt delete any demos and id be more than happy to pass along anything we have.

All the packetloss nonsense and player dropping aside, they were classic games and imo both teams did their countries proud.

p.s. Ive never been described as anything other than a llama never mind a Legend smile.gif

hopefully cya all sometime soon.

Raggy
    raggy@mail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Lads...
    All I can say is how impressed i was... i was in nethouse.. by meself.. It was packed.. And i went just a little mental smile.gif you can imagine the funny looks from the customers...

final note..many HUGZ *evil grin* and pats on backs when i see ya's smile.gif ...
    And from this Northern Geezer ( wink.gif ) right here... Im well proud of yas...

Thanx.. LADs...

Om diddly om Nyom nyom...

Yer man...

|Chief|

3=O]

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 26-07-99).]

Fairplay Raggy, but you have to understand where I come from.
    When me and creeper were Quakeheads, we used to knock everyone around, until we hopped onto
    barrysworld servers and got knocked around. all we ever got in irc or on the servers were taunts and mocking about being useless paddies, and how great the UK were. It was carved into our brains coming to Rapture that england HAD to go down, and when someone like Aerotus, who was a legend in my day, came over whining in the best Quake-related point in our
    lives, that kind of thing makes me lose the rag. I actually never heard of you, and I was very impressed with your play. it's a credit to you that you came onto the boards and congratulated the team, nobody else has.
    Well played, ye're a deadly team, and we'll look forward to the next game, but just dont bring that little fat bollix next time or he'll find all the packetloss he needs pumping out of his nose smile.gif

(ahem) we rock (ahem)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

Well played Raggy!!
    I take it that you were the only one that DIDN'T delete your demo then?

LOL Zero smile.gif

Now now, the fact is the england not many people even know thse boards exist smile.gif, I agree to some extent about Aero moaning about the packetloss but it really did affect us on dm3, i agree that we shoulda typed break but we didnt and as far im concerned its all water under the bridge (I certainly dont wanna have to argue the point with the all 25 of you again smile.gif).
    James (Aero) really is a nice guy and on the coach back he agreed with me about the whole thing its just that at the time he REALLY wanted to win and honestly did feel agrieved, not towards the irish but to the admins and the twat that caused it (Headache his name is).
    As for my play well thanx for the compliment but i coulda done a lot better :/ the nerves got to me and i was so poor on quad it was unreal smile.gif a shakey hand and quad rocket do NOT go well together sunglasses.gif

Creeper: honest to god nobody deleted their demos, i made a vague joke to chris (ser) that we were going to burn all copies (when he came over asking for them). Aero have Ser a cd full of all the demos he recorded at Rapture, sadly i didnt get demos of dm3 or e1m2 (im not sure why other than some sort of qizmo problem or I just forgot due to the atmosphere), but I have been assured that there was a spectator demo recorded by someone or other, and when i get more info ill pop into quake.ie and give some1 the url.

Anyways enjoy your win, as we fully intend to get our revenge sometime soon smile.gif.

Raggy
    raggy@mail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

lol
    headache by name........!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

Nah Zero is right....now get the brits to bring a quake2 team over to QP or sommat so we can do the same thing....and bring the soccer team over aswell....we'll go for a few kicks....and sure **** it ....bring the cricket team....ive never played cricket but im sure we'd win.......
    GO WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN TA FUK!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There really isnt an issue with deleting demos. I just dont believe it. I think Aero might have a demo too but in all honesty I think the lads were too pumped to remember. Sure even nicky didn't! Nor koopa.

Raggy, I'd love to see the same teams play again. I reckon with some practise we can beat you on all three! tongue.gifPP

Goddamn but it was a fun weekend and I'd really like to remember it as the quake gathering it was then everyone getting thick about it over irc-chinese-whispers.

Raggy man, I dunno if I can take another one of those finals tho. Really. I'm not made of tough enough stuff.

Of course, You'll Never Beat The Irish!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I can see it now, a couple of years time, every computer gamer in Ireland talking about "that time i was in scotland..." smile.gif

Well done lads - need I ask if we won the drinking 5 nations aswell smile.gif

Ah Jesus Dev m8, my ears were ringing from that chant all 11 hours back on the coach smile.gif althought u did give us 3 cheers which was great of yas.

I doubt the team would be exactly the same as Placebo never even turned up sad.gif but it would sure be close to that, and gawd as for that final if YOU thought it was intense try playing in it, my hands were shaking, heart beating gah almost passed out smile.gif

but then, thats what lans are all about.

ill look forward to the next one.

Raggy
    raggy@mail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Wah sorry I missed all this fun, as for lan gaes being tense, thats mad ture. QP last year in the game against unt, was metal and the IQCL finals mental games and ones I`d love to play again and again and again, tis what quake is all about, fast games which make you sick but you know you need to keep playing...Hopefully I`ll be around at FTI to see how the rematch goes..

MP you selling tickets for the match? smile.gif.

Fair play ragga for saying congrats, you seem like a sounds bloke. Hopefully we`ll have more masss lans between the lot of us.

Ro.

Ronin
    ronin@qamex.com
    www.qamex.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

but the fingers are still active wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I talked to all the UK team after the final and I have to admin, altough they were disappointed, I did get a few smiles from everyone.

Poor Aero was grasping at straws afterwards with the packetloss issue, not that I blame him, Id probably be saying something similar myself or throwing chairs smile.gif

Anyhows, Id like to say that the UK team were sound chaps and I do hope I've made a few friends leaving and not NME's. Thanx Lads for a deadly Final!

I think this had led to greater prospects for both of our countries 'quake scenes' to come alive again!

needless to say I have no voice left after the weekend.........

Advertisement