Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention ppl who like film!

Options
  • 09-10-2003 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

As you may be aware the Section 481 tax incentive for the Film Industry, which has led to films like 'Veronica Guerin', 'Laws of Attraction', 'King Arthur' and 'Asylum' being filmed in Ireland, is currently under threat. This incentive has been shown to be positive for Ireland's economy. Also, films produced under this scheme are an international showcase for Ireland's culture.

It is calculated that if the the tax incentive is removed, 80% of international film production in Ireland will cease. This will mean a potential loss of 4,300 permanent jobs in the industry. Not only will it mean that these jobs are lost, but a large number of opportunites in or around the productions will also be lost.

We, and many of our colleagues who work full time in the film industry, would greatly appreciate your support for the campaign to retain these tax incentives which are essential for the continued existence and development of movies in Ireland.

To lend your support to the campaign, go to www.MovieExtras.ie and sign the e-mail petition to your local TD. To make a greater impact, you can print letters from the site and post them to your TD.

This petition is being coordinated between MovieExtras.ie, Screen Producers Ireland and Equity Ireland (SIPTU).

It is important that you act today, as the 2004 budget will be finalised by 21st October. Visit the Web-Site link below to let your TDs know how you feel now.

http://www.movieextras.ie

Thank you for your support. It's greatly appreciated.

http://www.movieextras.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

please do check this out and sign the petition if you have the time.we need all the help we can get!
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 perkythepig

I did this. I actually got two responses too. God I'm easily impressed, a form letter that says "I've passed your concerns on to so and so who informs me that blahdy blah de blah blah blah".

Poor trees. All that paper. So much waffle. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

yeah, then you reply to that with specific questions and date and copy it. then when you get "generic response no.2".approach TD and mess them up;verbally of course.

Advertisement