Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Fuel Gauge Problem

Options
  • 09-10-2003 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Any body having problems with the Fuel Gauge on Ford Focus.
    I have a 03 focus, 6000 miles just filled the car with petrol and the fuel gauge stayed at the empty mark for about 50 miles then shot up the the full mark ,done the same again today same thing except went from empty to 1/4 mark then after about 50/60 miles moved up to the full mark again . any other focus owners have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I own a 01 Focus Wagon in the USA and I have had that problem with it also, it has only happened a few times, freaked me out the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Yea all fords seem to do it i worked in a car rental place and all the of them seemed to do it especially the new fiesta and the petrol mondeos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

Had a focus before never had this problem, However spoken to a current focus and mondeo owner both 03 have had the exact same problem . Will contact Ford Monday, tks to all who replied

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Hi there Mobby
    Quote from 'www.honestjohn.co.uk'
    "Fuel level sensor in tank can play up and Ford dealers usually quote for whole lifer pump assembly to be replaced at Stg£250."

Link : http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index.htm

:mad:

Advertisement