Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allbrights....

Options
  • 25-07-1999 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Allbrights should be banned. Playing a one on one CA match just now, my opponent was able to see me through walls, and admitted it too.

This isnt right.

It lessens the game, and disgraces all who use them..

Brian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

That's just SAD,
    Anyone who cheats like that is JUST SAD.
    sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

They only come out at night.
    http://drive.to/mobius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

No, albrights are great

I will continue to use them until they are dragged, kicking and screaming from my PC.

Pres

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I agree that having hacked maps and $h!t is wrong.
    Burn the fookers I say...

Jimmy...

P.S.

I hate the damn censor!!!

[This message has been edited by SickBoy (edited 25-07-99).]

Wow,
    If allbrights are as good as you say, then maybe I should give them a try!
    Where can I download such cheating delights?
    Yeah, maybe I'll frag Death a few times! smile.gif

BURN CHEATING LOSERS, BUUUURRRN!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

SB I was referring to allbrights, not maps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

What do allbrights have to do with seeing thru walls ?

Allbrights shouldn't be banned as dey wulllle.

**** de hacked **** yes, but not allbrights.

At certain points in a map, you can see the glow of a player behind a wall.

[This message has been edited by Slosh (edited 25-07-99).]

But you shouldn't be able to see what's behind wall's should you?
    If my knowledge of Quake servs me correctly... The server only sends you what is visible - hence the whole VISed water thingy - Maybe it was a hacked player.mdl,
    where the players are allways glowing?
    But however this was done...
    BURN CHEATING LOSERS BUUURRRRN!!!

show us a pic of this magical experience slosh, then we'll know what ur talking about.

Ummm a pic from my opponents eyes ??? Sure Ste how many u want....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Darkedge

If someone uses albrights,
    you should light em on fire,
    there and then no fooking
    questions asked.

Slosh it is not a glow that you can see through walls its the arm of the player.The same thing happens on low grade PCs.AllBrights are not used to see players through walls,they are just used to see players better,kinda like your mipcap and mipscale thingys.

Slosh Said:
    Ummm a pic from my opponents eyes ??? Sure Ste how many u want....

Ste-the-gey says:
    shurely uve reproduced this magical-see-thru-the-wall-with-allbright-skins event before damning the use of allbrights solely on the word of another player without even seeing just how entensive this occurance is ? And if you have seen for yourself shurely you can take a pic ? No ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

SEP UR ALIVE
    NOW **** OFF BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK

sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

"mipcap and mipscale thingys." 1st introduced to us Irish quakers by Ser (as far as I know, 1st introduced to me anywayz)
    to pump up your fps. I played of a p60 for a year or so and just got used to them. Not to see ppl better. As for all-brites, I dont use them, dont like em and will nvr use them.
    As for other ppl using them, i dont mind, i just aint used to them, tho i do prefer a level playing field and if what Slosh says is true, then they should be banned.Amazing what you do to waste time in work.
    FurY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Slosh are you sure the lad wasnt using 'the' hacked DM3 map which allows you to see everything behind a wall? (this is cos the walls arnt actually there!)

Allbrights, Skins, Hacked maps and Models are one of the reasons why we should ALL be using qwcl started up via cheapo/qizmo with f_modified turned on!

Again I will say it.. Cheating is lame, if your anyway good, you will play with normal settings and get used to the REAL game.

Mobius - 'If my knowledge of Quake servs me correctly... The server only sends you what is visible' ... Errm in Quake 2 maybe, but in Quake the server sends you EVERY bit of information that happens, hence one of the reasons we have bad pings/pl.

Did they use allbrights in Rapture ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

No. In fact there was NO skins, NO Map hacks, NO Nothing. Not that anybody wanted to use them, it was an unsaid 'we dont need to cheat'.

Although I Did see some quake2 matches played and they did use BrightSkins, resulting in a loss to Beast and Creative in the 2v2 comps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ok.. i play in college with ****e monitors with an inch of crap on them .. brightness is up full (broken in most cases) and glare is horrible cos the shutters won't come down on the windows.
    **** ppl who say allbrights are cheating smile.gif
    hehe although .. ur right Slosh.. in some cases you can see fullbrights thru walls.. if ur hiding just at the quad/window up against the wall and turning then someone at RA tele looking across can see flashs of white thru the walls..
    but in the majority of cases and in most games you never see it..
    who said quake was perfect? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

quake was perfect before the cheats smile.gif

everyone running around in fov90 oblivious to everything and anything available to them smile.gif

shame the paks are so easily haXored by the l33+ cheaters smile.gif

and all games should be played like rapture...all u need is the .color if your really blind...or maybe skins for ppl like ser who are literally blind smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

look just give it up
    its not that ****in hard to see the players
    try getting a proxy and using ".color 4 12"
    or somesuch

its hard to ban anything but all this hacking ****e is ruining all the games..
    *sigh*

Ste - read the original msg, he SAID he saw me...

Why should I bother to reproduce...

[This message has been edited by Slosh (edited 27-07-99).]

Advertisement