Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining Wicca

Options
  • 10-10-2003 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

This girl in my class follows wicca and is starting a groups of four people to do spells and whatever other things Wiccans do. ( I dont have a clue about this religion)

Anyway she wants me to join and i'll represent to element fire. Im kinda scared like completely changing what i belive in (im a Christian), but she says i can be christian and wiccan at the same time.

Anyway, im kinda looking for guidance. What will i do. Opions please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

First off dont ever do anything that you are not comfortible with, or have Doubts about.

If your a christian and happy to be so DO NOT let anyone pressurise you.

If she thinks she is Wiccan then why on earth is she going about recuiting people as THAT is never done.

Wicca is a religion a spiritual path that lasts a life time and not a quick fix out of a book on how to sort out your life with a few spells.

Turn her down politely,
    if she persists and gets nasty about it tell her that IF she is wiccan then she
    will know of the threefold law.

Which states anything you dish out you get back times 3.

Also If she claims to be Wiccan there is the Wiccan rede, the words that are the moral code for all Wiccans

" an it harm none do what thou wilt"

an meaning if and none meaning themsleves, other people, animals and infact the earth.

If she is gathering people who have no idea what they are doing she could be resposnible for doing a lot of harm.
    And that is a terrible burden on anyone,
    Esp one so young.

Currently due to the climate in Ireland the wiccan /pagan community is very careful and will not teach train anyone under the age of 18 , unless it is as a parent to a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Sounds like your friend has been watching the movie "The Craft" too many times! When you join a coven, you do not represent a specific element, nor do you need 4 people do work magick (or any other specific number).

I agree with the previous poster that you should never do anything you are uncomfortable with, and that Wiccans do not recruit. Yes, you can do magic and be a Christian, but you cannot be a Wiccan and a Christian, as you cannot be two religions at once. If your friend is truly a Wiccan, then in ritual, she will call on many different Gods and Goddesses, and that may not suit you.

That being said, if you would like to find out a bit more about Wicca and what we do, here is a good FAQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Thanks for the help guys. I think she is just saying you can be a wiccan and be a Christian at the same time so we will join her in her group.

Just to comment on a few things ye said: "If she thinks she is Wiccan then why on earth is she going about recuiting people as THAT is never done". Its not that she is recruiting ppl to the Wiccan religion, its more she is gathering ppl to do magick.

"When you join a coven, you do not represent a specific element, nor do you need 4 people do work magick (or any other specific number)." She said its good to have 4 ppl in the group one person representing each element. I was born in April so i am fire.

"she will call on many different Gods and Goddesses, and that may not suit you." yes that wont suit me at all. I mean i've grown up following one God even if I do question his existence but yet here she will be going against everything that i have grown to believe.

Yes i will let her down gently that I dont want to join even though she is acting like I am a part of it. I have no interest in that sort of thing and each day she asks me what research i have done on the religion. Each day i say i done nothing but she doesnt seem to be able to take the hint.

Ok, thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement