Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NT and Documents

Options
  • 27-07-1999 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

U know the documents on the startup bar that shows all recently opened files. How do i delete anything showing up on it? Deleting the file is not an option.
    FurY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Ah yes, how to stop "Mandy.mpg" from showing up for all to see. tongue.gif

Have a look in "c:\windows\recent" or "c:\winnt\profiles\<user>\recent" on NT.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

If you load them powertools ****, u know the sctuff that everybody has there's an option to clear the documents folder with each reset, if u root around u can find it in the registry

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Right click task bar, select Properties. Select Start Menu Programs tab and there should be a button marked "Clear" which will do the job.

I think deleting your history within IE4/IE5 also does the job, as well as cleans out your Start/Run list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

HEH, forgot i posted here. As for Mandy, its something like that all right, was poking tru some1s hard drive in work and found a bit of "Mandy" smile.gif Now i dont think he really needs to know i was snooping round his pc nor does he need to know i found his secret colLection of "Mandy vids". AND FOR 25 YEARS I'VE BEEN LIVING NEXT DOOR TO MANDY, MANDY! MANDY! WHO THE FU(K IS MANDY??!!!

FurY
    Funny Hobbes u mention that method cause i did that today but just wasnt paying attention.
    TAaa

Advertisement