Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 2K SP4

Options
  • 10-10-2003 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭

OK, just wondering if there's much of the SP3 outrage that happened in SP4? Any good/bad experiences from you guys? Still on SP2, is SP4 good or does it do stuff it shouldn't?

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I installed SP4 a couple of days after it came out and I haven't had any problems. (was on SP3 beforehand)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've been running it since it was released. I've had no problems up until last week, when my browser started hanging because of greedy resource usage, but I'm pretty sure this is due to the IE patches that have been rushed out the door at MS, and not SP4. (I run Netcaptor, a tabbed version of IE, and that could well be a factor too.) Aside from that, it's been steady as a rock.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

If you run 3dmax do not install sp4.
    But thats the only problem i have heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I run 3DMAX on SP4, what's the problem?

Advertisement