Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumour Control.

Options
  • 26-07-1999 11:51pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I would never normally post a private email to a public forum but this is a sign of how sound the english lads were:
    From Aero:
    Hi

Just wanted to say sorry for all the fuss yesterday. It was pretty immature
    of my part to get so stressed over the pl thing. I'll always wonder what
    would have happened, but it really doesnt matter.. looking back i think its
    more important that the final was a damn good game, possibly one of the best
    tournament matches ever? no real lockdown, but exciting as hell ! anyway,
    sorry for all the ****, i think everything was cool after we calmed down a
    bit, just checking smile.gif.

You guys played really well, and internationally it should give the irish
    scene a pretty big boost. Nice one smile.gif

Please feel free to pass this onto anyone i upset when whinging smile.gif as i
    didnt have a chance to talk to everyone in the aftermath

Cheers, and thanks for some great games.

Jim / Aero

--

Aero did nothing I wouldnt have done had it been the other way round. Indeed I'd have been worse. There was no hard feelings and they faced what must have been a very very bitter defeat with dignity. Lets respond in kind. I never once thought badly of them even when we were "arguing" over a rematch. It's the nature of the managers job to go to bat for his team when a decision is being made. Would you expect anything else?

We made a TON of new friends and I am looked at reaper and zero, who hated each other before meeting for a few drinks, hugging each other and jumping up and down.

The base truth is the Eng Scots and Welsh are very serious about quake and we are too but in a quieter way I guess.
    ce la vie et vive la difference....

I'll write an enourmous report when I have had some sleep. Lots preferably.

Dev.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

sunglasses.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah zero dont make us look like knobs.
    They were kewl, and we'd have *****ed about it if it were us. Its over and they know we're a side to be dealt with. You used to hate reaper now he's a mate. Who knows eh?

My opinion is that you cheer for your ouwn team, not boo the other guys.

'Wan Team.IE!!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SB_Nyko

Hi Dev and all abroad smile.gif

Fist of all, i like to congrulate ur team for the rapture, very exciting to follow the last math on irc & b0rk FM.

I remenber some arguments from Von just after the FR/IE in last februrary about the clock. I'm not here to discuss about that, but i can imagine how anyyone wan be upset after games like these.

BTW, it should be great if a FR/IE rematch could be done.

cya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

BTW Zero what were you and Reaper hanging round the jacks for? tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

U'r mind works in devious ways Kindred smile.gif

Jimmy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Ok sound man Aero, I promise I won't go for you again, just leave out the whingin. smile.gif

Nice to see you look at us Irish on an equal level now, considering your attitude in the jacks on saturday night after ure win was that we were overrated. (Reaper's keen ears smile.gif)
    I see Sunday's game changed ure mind. Keep practising, if you pay us enough, we might come over and give youse a charity match smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, when you lose its hard, to lose such a big occasion by one frag to guys you KNOW are just NEVER going to let you forget it must crucify you. The Eng team didnt really try to make excuses, thats just being blown out of all proportion. sure I flipped in france and stormed out, its funny the things you do under the incredible pressure of it all.
    I'd love to have seen France there, we'd have beaten them I'm sure of it :p

When you lose you just dont want to believe it and you'll do anything to not have it as a reality. We gave the english 3 cheers and that was from the heart, we have a lot of repsect for them as players and it is nice to be on even terms now.
    I hope this isnt the end at all.

Its just got interesting.

DeV.

Advertisement