Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some advice on a dvd writer

• 10-10-2003 3:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a dvd writer that does both formats (+/-)Just wondering is it one or two main compainies make most of the players and the others are just rebadging?.Komplett where doing the Pioneer 106€200 which I think is the cut down version of the A06€240 but don't seem to be advertising anymore.The Nec looks tempting at the price €148 but I think there is a thread around some where with a lot of complaints,any suggestions/pointers
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

micro direct

seem to constantly have dvd burners in their specials, the NEC one has been in there recently for £85 stg which is roughly €125 so id check on there before buying it from komplett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 marcowil

I've been using the Pioneer A106 for two months now and I have to say it's brilliant. I haven't had a problem with any of the blank DVD's i've used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

you can get the pioneer off this english site for 168 euro incl. delivery. http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/Hardware_Section__.html
    check out dvdrhelp.com and you can see user reviews of the pioneer 106. i am tempted to get the pioneer myself but i would stay away from the nec 1300 from reviews i saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Appreciate they advice lads..........

Advertisement