Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple of Elemental Evil

• 10-10-2003 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Temple of Elemental Evil out today.

http://www.greyhawkgame.com/

Looks good, anyone seen reviews of it yet ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I wasnt aware that there was a grey hawk game even in production let alone actually released!! this is a must buy by the looks of it.

It looks most impressive i must admit will be interesting to compare it to NWN's as currently NWN is my fav RPG,

Rev do you know if its actually out yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Out today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Been playing it for the last week or so.... It is a bit of a Dungeon hack but anyone who played the original module will get a kick out of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

I just got the game the other day and was annoyed to find that it barely worked at all on my pc (P4-3.0Ghz, Radeon 9800 pro). It would get really jerky when it went into combat which was crap cos the game looked pretty good.

has anyone else been having similar problems?

I checked out the website but the only tech. support it gives you is the usual telling you to turn off programs running in the background.
    Any help would be really appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Runs fine on my machine.... are you running anything resource intensive in the background?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Is this a graphics intensive game? I was hoping to get it but my graphics card is from the stone age so it might be a problem. I don't have any problems running the likes of Baldurs Gate2, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment etc. though.

I've been salivating over it ever since I heard that you can wear those funky wide rimmed pointy wizard hats and they show up on your character model! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yep, graphics intensive. Very much in the baldurs gate vein.

Real pity is the lack of multiplayer.. would've made a great NWN expansion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Naar

Very few turn-based games make for a good multiplayer experience. What I don't understand is why Sorcerers can't use metamagic; I mean, it's absolutely baffling, considering they're the class that gets the most out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Bought it the other day, cant say im impressed, i was expecting a little more for the money.. The game seems firly dated graphically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I got the game.
    After lots of initial "ooh! thats cool!" bits, i have come to the conclusion that its a very flawed game.

Its like the developers took a look at NWN and baldurs gate and tried to mix them. It didnt work.

The NWN radial menu is there but its pretty useless. Inventories and char statistics are frustrating. There is no information really on objects you pick up. Your char stats are pathetically laid out. Trying to find info about abilities is also frustrating (eg cleric domain powers) as its not in the manual, and you have to wade through the awful in-game faq.

Apart from that though, i really like the implementation of the 3.5 dnd rules (i play p&p) and the turn based system works quite well.
    The story (i never played the original module) seems very boring though, there is lots of pointless wandering around. This game could have been great, but unfortunately, its just an also-ran in my opinion.

So, how many expansions do you reckon there will be? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement