Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Highest gain aerial and where to get it

• 10-10-2003 9:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I'm attempting to pick up UTV and Channel 4 from a deflector group - they're in east Cork - I'm in the western suburbs of Cork City. I'm getting a hazy reception of BBC1 on a colourking aerial which is in my attic. I'm considering mounting it on the chimney outside to improve reception. I estimate this will be about 10-15 feet higher and will be clear of obstructions such as the roofs of other houses in the estate etc.

If this does not produce a watchable result is there an aerial which has a higher gain which might give a better result.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Triax Unix 100 aerials are usually quoted when people talk about good high gain aerials. Televes aerials also have some good gain figures, particularly their X range. If possible by a grouped version of either aerial, if the signals from the deflector all fall within the one aerial group, if you have the frequencies handy for what you're after, myself or someone else here should be able to tell you what group of aerial you need, for example the Spur Hill RTE Transmitter, a group c/d aerial is recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I don't know the frequencies - I have no problems with the RTE channels - I'm getting those with the existing aeriel indoors.

Just in the offchance if anyone in the area is reading here and knows the deflector group is southcoast tv and I'm trying to receive it in the Ballincollig/Ovens area of Cork

A long shot but worth a try.

Advertisement