Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download free Excel?

Options
  • 10-10-2003 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anywhere I can download Excel for free? I thought I get it free with Microsoft Works when I got the comp but I musn't have.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Get Open Office (www.openoffice.org) it has a spread sheep package compatible with Excel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I second this. Openoffice is a replacement for Word, Excel & Powerpoint.

Just remember to change the default "always save as" option, so that it saves files as .DOC. .XLS and .PPT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by eireboy
    Is there anywhere I can download Excel for free? I thought I get it free with Microsoft Works when I got the comp but I musn't have.
    yeah, microsoft works is a uiseless pile of crap really.
    openoffice is the only option, unless you want to pay the best part of 100 yoyos for the pleasure of using excel xp:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

well i'm on 56k and open office is 65megs so thats out of the question.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

1. Excel is commercial software, I very much doubt the mods would appreciate people putting download links for it on here... openoffice is the best you're going to get.

2. I seriously doubt the excel setup files would be less than 65Mb ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

you can get excel viewer for free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

You can get an excel viewer proggie from Microsoft's download site. You can view and print excel spreadsheets.
    3813kb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by eireboy
    well i'm on 56k and open office is 65megs so thats out of the question.:(
    thats about a 5 hour download (give or take a bit depending on what speed you connect at)
    use a download manager such as getright to download it so you won't lose the download if you get disconnected.
    its only going to cost you a few euros ffs:rolleyes:
    i'd say the only copy of excel you'll find to download would be an iso, which could be anywhere between 100mb & 700mb...
    considering that, 65mb for a full office suite is sweet fa really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I haven't used this myself, but there's info on a split set multi-volume download here

If you have problems with that or can't get anyone to download a copy for you there's a list of CD-ROM distributors
    here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Rew
    a spread sheep package
    None of your bestiality talk on my forum!

heh

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement