Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sven about to leave? The End for Ranners?

• 10-10-2003 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

The BBC are reporting this morning tha Sven will leave the England job after the Turkey game no matter what the result is. They are also reporting that he has signed a pre contract agreement with Chelsea FC.
    As the BBC don't broadcast pure rumour very often is this the end for Ranerei and if so will it take the wheels of Chelseas bandwagon. Seems a strange time for them to change manager to me. Can't see the fans or some of the players being too happy if this is true

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If they do get rid of Ranieri just so they can get Eriksson, it'll be the most idiotic sacking of all time. Ranieri has the team second in the league and unbeaten at this stage, how do they think SGE could possibly do any better??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Link?

Just seached BBC website and other football sites...not a sniff of this anywhere....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Personally i think Eriksson is way over rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

agreed sposs..

he has done nothing with england that would impress me. Do you remember when they were going out of the world cup to brasil, for the whole second half he did nothing, they did not 'give it a lash'

In fact, I hope he stays with england :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well as a Spurs fan I'd gladly take Ranners onboard if he were sacked. He did a good job with Chelsea last year with no changes to the squad, has plenty of Prem experience, and as a person seems quite honest, which is why I respect him.

Agreed on the SGE thing though - he's not really done anything special with England, and I don't really see them beating Turkey tomorrow.

Si.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I would be happy as a pig in poo if we got a DRAW tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Link?
    Just seached BBC website and other football sites...not a sniff of this anywhere....

Source was Breakfast News on BBC1 TV this morning 8 o clock bulletin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

It'd be bad news for Chelsea if it happened, SGE is overrated and 'The Tinker Man' has done well, getting Chelsea into the Champions League positions last year was no mean feat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

this talk of him having signed a pre-contract with chelsea seems to have some bit of truth to it as he didn't instantly deny it

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/031010/21/earei.html

I really don't understand the logic of this, nor does any football supporter I know , Sven isn't all that , has no track record of winning anything and to change a manager for the sake of change will only disrupt the team and will not help chelsea keep up the (admittedly early) momentum.

Sven should run a chat show on ITV interviewing ;-0 "B" celebs he'd be better suited to it than football mgt . And he certainly won't get a warm reception at the Bridge. could you imagine it , that plonker with unlimited funds, we'll end up with heskey and rooney in blue , he's also the only person on this planet ( utd fans excepted) that thinks the neville sisters are wolrd class.

It would well and truly ruin my expectations for chelsea this season. end rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

What a shame.... and Chelsea were doing so well!

Can anyone explain to me why anyone would want to replace Ranieri with Eriksson?

Chelsea morale will probably plummet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

if it is true then i cant see any logic towards it and it seems like stupidity and i would also agree with jongore when he said
    It'd be bad news for Chelsea if it happened, SGE is overrated and 'The Tinker Man' has done well, getting Chelsea into the Champions League positions last year was no mean feat

but dont you have to be rated to be over rated first though, i know i for one certainly dont rate SGE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

chelsea would be fools to ditch ranieri.

erikson is a turnip, so so over-rated and to shy to be a top class manager. id imagine the players dont take him seriously, imagine him going mad in the dressing room. wouldnt exactly strike fear into u.

although he hasnt lost a qualifying game yet! thats some record! i think he'll stay until at least the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

about sven signing heskey and rooney,well im not so sure because he's the 1 supposedly to have picked chealse's new players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Maybe GH was right to let everyone know his fears.

I think Chelski have made a very shrewed move in signing Sven. He has had the last few years to groom the best players in the England team and get their feelings about their respective clubs.

If SGE does sign for the blues then the January sales should be very very interesting.

How about Scholes Campbell and Cole in blue.
    Then maybe blue might not suit Sol :D

Tinky

How about Scholes Campbell and Cole in blue.

Roman could,t afford Scholes. He is Priceless and Utd will not sell him.
    Dont know about the other 2 in Blue, but I think pink would be more to Campbells taste.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Sven will not leave today and Ranieri will not be sacked today.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

A Good Manager always looks like hes doing nothing.Abramovich will employ who he likes and I think Ranieri is on borrowed time,,Sven must realise the England job is always the poisioned chalice but usually a quick entry to top level english club management.I doubt any man could stick the England post for 3 years nowadays

Quote:
    Dont know about the other 2 in Blue, but I think pink would be more to Campbells taste.

Anyone remember a few years back when Everton turned out in a BROWN kit ??? Do you think Sol would prefer brown over pink ??:D

Anyway it's now Monday and no news of Ranners being ousted yet so - Muppet, you are the weakest link - Goodbye !:p

Anyway it's now Monday and no news of Ranners being ousted yet so - Muppet, you are the weakest link - Goodbye

I Just relayed the Story, nothing wrong with that Tinky,

Regards to LaLa Po and Dipsy,

• Advertisement

Quote:
    I Just relayed the Story, nothing wrong with that Tinky,

No I SuPpose noT ! Only proBleM is Nobody ElsE seeMs to have seeN this Story !! Sure it WasNt a drEam ???? :D

By the Way NuNu is Very upseT you Didn't MentioN him. Got new Batteries 'n All for Him :D

Tinky

P.S. I'll send your Anorak back when I get the tubbytoast off it ;)

No I SuPpose noT ! Only proBleM is Nobody ElsE seeMs to have seeN this Story !! Sure it WasNt a drEam ????

R U an Arsenal Fan By any Chance? I only ask because anyone that saw any football over the weekend must have seen commentators talk of the speculation.:D

Good luck with the Dry Cleaning , hope it works on the other stains too.;)

Quote:
    R U an Arsenal Fan By any Chance?

Nah . . Preston North End . . . Premiership Next Season . . :cool:

Quote:
    . . . anyone that saw any football over the weekend . . .

Oh there was footy over the weekend was there ??? I must have missed it, I was watching some league of Ireland crap !!

Any more dreams about Ranners ?

iS tHat a New keYboArd yOu,vE gOt?

No new dreams for me but it appears you have,

Preston North End i aSk YoU? ;)

A couple of quotes giving opposite views of the Chelsea Manager sitation:

Ranieri:
    Last night, said he is revelling in the pressure sparked by Ferguson's claim that Chelsea's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich approached him about becoming Chelsea manager in the close-season.

Ranieri even joked he was creating a team in preparation for the arrival of Ferguson or England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, quoted by bookmakers William Hill at just 2/1 to be in charge of Chelsea at the start of next season.

Asked about the pair, Ranieri quipped: 'I'm building for them so they can come here!'

Sven:
    "Just because I have a cup of tea with someone does not mean I am signing a contract as the next Chelsea manager." he said.

“In fact, I can state that at no time has Roman Abramovich asked me to be Chelsea manager in the future.”

The Muppet:
    S tHat a New keYboArd yOu,vE gOt?

Yeah . . good innit . . almost as good as your spell checker.

:D:D;)

What happened after that , or did the alarm go off.:D

Advertisement