Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avp

Options
  • 24-07-1999 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

can this game be played online ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

i duno, i had a look for servers there a while ago but no joy sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Darkedge

yeah it can,
    go to mplayer.com
    and like just get an ip from there.

etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yea played AvP over the weekend. Just myself and my mate using one of our computers as a server and using IP addresses. It's a good laugh, lot of sneaking around and such. Didn't really notice much in the way of lag but there were only two of us playing. Anyone know what key or command to issue to find out your ping ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Creeper

Lol smile.gif I was playin AVP at Rapture....
    It only has 8 players MAX. I was playing as an Alien on a LAN an it was pretty laggy. I still ripped the heads of all the muppets. It's very VERY fast, so I can't imagine it being to enjoyable over a modem.

Rapture ruled, I slurped Kingpin and AVP off various ppl, and tons of mp3z and stuff.
    Network Neighbourhood om nyom nyom!!!

BTW - Kingpin......alright then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Yeah, playing now...
    Takes ages to get a game at mplayer (ffs)

They only come out at night.
    http://drive.to/mobius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

When you install the game it tells you to defrag your harddrive. I can't stress how much of a difference this makes.

On my machine it was playable (P2 450, 128MB, V3 3000) but the marine level was unreal, I was getting like 5fps.

I defrag the drive and it's really smooth.

Now if they only hadn't of gone with MPlayer, which is the worst place I've ever had to go to play a game. If I wanted adverts I would of watched TV >:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

Kingpin - Bring it on,,,!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i played it on mplayer and i couldent notice any ping at all it was reely smooth . but it is hard to get into a good game

Advertisement