Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are ACN Europe?

Options
  • 10-10-2003 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of these guys? http://reps.acneuro.com/
    What is the deal with this direct marketing?
    Thanks, iwb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

ahhhhh Network Marketing it will always be with us. They are a switchless carrier I suspect...probably reselling a better known brand. no such company has a CPS or Carrier code here.

Euphony are another pyramid operator. You see the odd sales n00b have a go at pimping here on Boards.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Pyramid as in Amway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

yes, Amway are the best known such in ireland, the top 5 in the pyramid are in Mayo and Galway . No Dubs the in top 10 I hear :(

M

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Before I start let me say that I am not pimping for anyone. All im doing is giving some info as I know it.

As another person said, ACN are the same as countless other telecoms operators trying to get a piece of the telecoms market by bulk purchasing from Eircom and selling the time to end users.

I was with them or a year and have now moved back to Eircom.
    I was not an agent for them, just simply a user.

The term to describe the way they sell their product is Multi Layer Marketing. The main diference I can see between this and Pyramid selling is that the person at the bottom of the pyramid only pays for what is used. With Pyramid selling, the poor sod at the bottom of the pyramid has to buy a load of product before he can start selling. The other difference is that pyramid selling is illegal.

I had no problems with the service from ACN. The reason for change was that Eircom had an offer that was too good to refuse.

If I had wanted to, I could have become an ACN 'Agent' and started to bug all of my friends to become ACN users. The agents get paid based on a percentage of his users bills. The more users he has the higher the percentage. He can also rope in some of his users to become agents, and he will get a percentage of those agents users bills.

Of course to become an agent, you do have to pay a yearly fee!!

Hope this explains a little bit

Paddyo

Advertisement