Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting started. Which of these 2 options is best?

Options
  • 10-10-2003 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Im 20. On a provisonal licence, no Exp.
    I was thinking of getting my own car there for a wwhile, and getting quotes averageing E4000 from insure.ie. Hibernian i think it was.

That was based on a 1.4 (1360) peug 206.

I think ill get insured on my dads car as a neame 1st, that way get a yrs exp and then do the test and hopefully have a full licence for nxt yr, and maybe look at my own yoke then.

Anyone have views on this, is the above idea good, pay whatever it is to get insured on my dads, (Its a 1.9) prob cost me 1500 - 2000 or pay 4000 for my own insurance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

you'll have to pay a large amount when you eventually do get your own policy. Myself, I want my NCB to grow so I got my own policy on a 1.4 focus aged 21. Cost me €4609 for the last 12months. Today, I got a quote on the same car with 1yrs no claims for €1900!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Cost me €4609

/me *feint* THUD!

Holy God! €4609!

Were they not interested in your other limbs then?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

I wouldn't waste my time with insure.ie, they're a bunch of idiots. Expensive idiots too.

Advertisement