Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connected at 115.2Kbps

• 10-10-2003 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Connected at 115.2Kbps on a 56k Modem. I installed the correct drivers, why is it misreporting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

dont worry, its only the speed of the com port, your not really connected at 115k :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    dont worry, its only the speed of the com port, your not really connected at 115k :)

Anyways to get the speed of the actually net connection?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

its windows misreading it.
    just disconnect and reconnect, should be different...

It is connecting at the same speed the whole time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's an undocumented feature of Windows.

Sometimes, upgrading your modem driver works. What it's doing is reporting the speed of your modem to the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

If you go to your modem properties, then the advance tab, then the extra initialisation commands, all you have to do is type the right string in there and it'll report the connection speed. I'm not sure about the exact string though because it's modem dependant, you'll find it on thenet somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

you could also try connecting to one of the NETWORK SPEED TEST websites to give you an "accurate" description on your up/download speeds

Found the command and windows is now reporting the proper connection speed. Thanks lads.

Advertisement