Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Went on the 'DART' for the first time today

Options
  • 10-10-2003 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

and proud of it :):)

Thought I share my first time ever experience of having travelled on the northside version of the 'dart' (arrow) to get to work.

I gave up the car as a test and tried the 'park and ride' for first time ever. (only parking available in nearby housing estate, 45 second walk literally, why dont irish suburban stations have car parks like they do in Holland or is it only some have them?)

Drove 1.5 miles to park at station, got on train which arrived on time and got me to destination on time for about 25 min.
    Total journey time was less than 35 min, and even the station attendant was helpful as I was clueless on what side of platform to wait for the train !! :)
    Coming back was just as efficient :)
    Crowding on the train i did not mind as much as that's expected in any city( only being on trains about 5 times before, mostly abroad)

I got pissed off yesterday morning from driving, finding parking space, walk from parking space to work. Normally takes about 1hr 15min for 6 mile journey across Dublin.
    I felt extremely stressed and exhausted, cracking up every day after driving to and from work which was taking nearly about 2 and half hours of my travelling time every day in rush hour snail traffic. Now that its cut in half I intend to get train all the time as long as i'm not transferred in work to a different area (happens a bit in my job)

I even feel alot better mentally and physically after using the train(this normal ? :) ), heartily recommend it(getting up later in morning just feels great).
    A pity trains are not widespread over the city though :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by gurramok
    got on train which arrived on time
    Very odd.
    and got me to destination on time for about 25 min
    Extremely odd.
    even the station attendant was helpful as I was clueless on what side of platform to wait for the train.
    Something unheard of. I find they dont have a clue whats going on and couldnt give a rats arse.
    Coming back was just as efficient :).
    This is something i have yet to find over the past 10 years of constant DART travel.
    Crowding on the train i did not mind as much as that's expected in any city
    Differance is with a proper rail network our trains would not habe to be that crowded. If they ran more frequent [as wit hthe rest of europe] and didnt bother spending €190million+ extending the Platform length we could get a better system ouf of it with less crowded trains running more frequently.

Advertisement