Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw 2 [Xbox]

• 10-10-2003 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

IF you like the ol' wrestling and have an xobox youy need this game. Im not the biggest fan, i used to watch it years ago but dont really watch it much anymore...i buy the games when they come out, i find them excellent for multiplayer, but lack single gameplay.

This one is very different, the season mode, is exactly that, a season...not 4 matches. Briefly, it shows u the card for the show and u can choose wether u want to Interfere, Surprise Attack, Steal, Encourage, Manipulate, Call Out...and a few more. Its excellent.

I was playing as HHH and was undisputed champion. Becuase i had the two belts i was in 2 or 3 fights per event, by the last one all the guy had to do was fart in my direction and i was out for the count. The matches are good, Ladder and Hell in the Cell especially. You can put them through the cell, and throw em off the side of it.

Smyths have this game for €45, its a bargain!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i saw bits of this on RAW tonight (the game sponsors the show) and it looked incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Duritz

the screenshots on the back of the box...they are excellent. I hav PS2 aswell, and will probably get SD 5. But the xbox is superior graphics and gameflow wise, in any games i have played. For example, i bought colin mcrae 4 for PS2 and then saw the xbox version, so changed it and the graphics were 3 times better....the xbox is more powerful, in my opinon.

We are talkin about WWE Raw 2...just incase u were looking at RAW 1 for xbox, that game is rubbish! The screenshots on back of the game are savage!! The graphics are excellent. The gameplay is excellent, i havent put it out of my hand since last saturday!

http://www.thq.com/WWERAW2/screens/large/Raw2_SC09.jpg

http://www.thq.com/WWERAW2/screens/large/Raw2_SC01.jpg

http://www.thq.com/WWERAW2/screens/large/Raw2_SC15.jpg

[EDIT] It seems i have lost the ability to spell [/EDIT]

[EDIT 2] It seems i have also lost the ability to make sense [/EDIT 2]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Graphics aren't everything to a game mate. Xbox games look great but playwise it's usually a load of toss and you usually end up sticking em back on the pile after a week.

I don't own one, i know a couple of people who do and i have played a few games and wasn't really all that impressed. To me, the only real competition for the PS2 is the GC. Burnout 2, Madden 2003, Fifa 2003 all look and play very well on the GC... as they do on the PS2.

I made the mistake of buying RAW for the PC last year and it was piss poor, but not so much for the graphics. The disappointment for me was:

It's roster was nearly two years out of date (and it was released mere months after the xbox version which means it was still way out of date)

It's control system was absolutely horrible! It took forever to execute a special move!

There were fsck all special matches! Hopefully RAW 2 has corrected this.

No story mode, so once you completed all the matches, there was little or no incentive to play it any longer.

Myself, I'm a proud PS2 owner and i can't wait for SD5 next month :)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Duritz

as said in my post above, Raw 1 was rubbish. I bought it for xbox and brought it back when say there was little or no story to it! It was their first go at making a PC/Xbox game, and didnt put much into it because they were focusing on the money maker, Smackdown. But now the xbox population has grown they have put funds and people behind this one, and it shows!

I know graphics arent everything, like i said in my first post;

"
    This one is very different, the season mode, is exactly that, a season...not 4 matches. Briefly, it shows u the card for the show and u can choose wether u want to Interfere, Surprise Attack, Steal, Encourage, Manipulate, Call Out...and a few more. Its excellent.

I was playing as HHH and was undisputed champion. Becuase i had the two belts i was in 2 or 3 fights per event, by the last one all the guy had to do was fart in my direction and i was out for the count. The matches are good, Ladder and Hell in the Cell especially. You can put them through the cell, and throw em off the side of it.
    "

I didnt bring up the graphics thing. I think to say the GC is the only contendor is a bit far fetched, i have PS2 and an XBox, my bro has a GC and my personal preference is the XBox. I only keep my PS2 for GTA's, and maybe Smackdowns, they are all i play on it. I personaly dislike the GC, it feels and plays cheap, imo. If you think otherwise, then fine...you might just have a different taste.

I think the layout on RAW 2 is excellent, and it does play very well. If you get a chance, give it a play...you might actually like it! ;)

I have the GC Xbox and PS2 . I am looking fwd to SD5 but i was playing Raw 2 . Its Ok no were near as good as the SD but alright . The coolest thing about it is you can copy the WWE anthology to the X Box and use all the music from the CD in the game . So you can have the hitman music and the Ultimate Warrior music or what ever music is in it . You can make the warrior in CAW it has all his ribbons . Still not the best game but check it out .

Advertisement