Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring Proxy into Connection

Options
  • 11-10-2003 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Ok Basically my set up is:

SERVER -
    XP Pro with dialup connection and incoming satellite connection. The satellite software sets up a proxy on it. "localhost:9202"
    So if i wantto use say for e.g. IE with the satellite i enter the proxy of localhost:9202 into it.

CLIENT -
    XP Home with Lan connection the server. All i have to do to connect is use a proxy of 192.168.168.1:9202 in the IE settings to surf but i've problem, I got software where i can't specify a proxy.

So my question is....Can i set up the client to use the gateway address in my lan settings as the servers ip. This is ok but i won't be able to use the highspeed satellite because it will just income the dial up connection again, so Can i make it so the server automatically redirects the request back thru the proxy without specifying it on the client.
    Is there away of setting up the winsock to use the proxy without specifying it in any software i use. There must be some way...and i have googled it before anyone says ne thing.
    I have seen MS Proxy Server and MS Winsock Client or something, would these do the trick? I havn't read much bout them yet.

I know i've confused people but for those who know exactly what i'm on about i would appriciate the help.

Thanks

Advertisement