Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plexiglass/perspex & piping

Options
  • 11-10-2003 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a good place to get plexiglass? I know I can get 8'x4' sheets from a glazier but I'm wondering if anywhere does smaller amounts and tinted if possible?
    Also, the piping for covering up cut edges? I tried an auto parts dealer but they only had it in precut sizes which works out as dear as buying a "window kit". I'd like to get a whole roll of it so I can experiment, and ideas where to look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Sir Random
    Also, the piping for covering up cut edges? I tried an auto parts dealer but they only had it in precut sizes which works out as dear as buying a "window kit". I'd like to get a whole roll of it so I can experiment, and ideas where to look?

You can use electrical cable for this. Make a slit down one side so you can open it up and take out the cables inside. Then you can run it around the sharp edge you cut. Easy :)

Place the perspex then behind that, i think. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Thanks Winters, I tried something similar by cutting into a long strip of rubber with a stanley, but it was very hard to keep the cut straight. I have some rolls of co-ax cable which I might try but they're brown and white :(. PVC cable is very expensive to buy by the roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

If ya want that rubber trim,go to a car accesory shop and get what they call door protector strips,they are slim rubber strips and work very nicely around a window,btw those window kits are good but are extreamly hard to install,you need two people for it, you can also get perspex in B&Q liffy valley in large sheets.

CombatCow

Advertisement